Living in Sri Lanka. Long Term

Hi, new to this forum. We are a married british couple currently "living in Goa" but the visa situation is getting really akward now.

So we are looking at trying to live in Sri Lanka. When we were last in Colombo in early February this year. the city was almost like a fortress have things changed now the war is over.

We are coming across in October and going to the south west coastal area, Galle and Koggala. Does any know any good house rental agents in these places. Does any one have any advice or knowledge on long term visa's in Sri Lanka. Are there other ways of staying in Sri Lanka on a long term basis, apart from the Permanent Residence - Resident Guest Visa (RGV) We will not be starting a business, as we ae now retired. 

Regards.

Will.

Hi Bill ,
Security situation is almost the same , but future there will be less check points, things are really getting better.
If you wish to rent some place there some online sites , try them without a dealer
try
bhoomi.lk/
wow.lk/

if you are now retired you can get residency under the new government scheme.  I think its called "My dream sri lanka" or similar.

simon associated, galle face court, colombo are the best lawyers to help you organise this.  they speak english (lots of people do in sri lanka) and are a bit sloooowwww but will get  the job done.

re rental on the south coast, check out pearl sri lanka real estate, they have rentals.  so does ceylonrealty, lankarealestate and a few others.  Pearl sri lanka are particularly helpful and friendly though.

good luck, hope you find something you like.

moveable feast

Hi all,

I'm currently living in Canada and is considering moving to Sri Lanka to live.  Any feedback in terms of what to expect based on the living standars in Canada vs Sri Lanka?

If you are retired depending on your age you can apply for the Dream Home Program. This is the most ideal for retirees in Sri Lanka. RGS is also convenient but you do need to contribute to our economy with your skills or investment.
I just realized this is a 2009 post, why is it beign sent to me now in the email.

[Moderated: Register yourself into Business directory pls]

[Moderated: Communicate by PM pls]

Pls fwd me your email address at your earliest, I can arrange this without any hassle.

this is a sapm i guess

I am a Tour Operator and have been handling local residence visa's for almost 17 yrs. This is a multiple entry yearly renewable visa where you can also open your own local bank account.

@Rozj > please note that promoting your services is not allowed on the forum. Thank you.

Hello

Would you kindly send me your contact details. Thank you. My phone number is **

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please do not post your contact details on the forum. Thank you

Hi,

It's a bit hard to find a  good shipping company in Sri Lanka. If you want your items to be shipped to Sri Lanka or any country you want, I recommend xxx
Hope this helps! :)

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please recommend in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct