April 28: WALK TOUR IN INTRAMUROS AND FOOD TOUR IN BINONDO

Hello fellow Expat.comgers!

With the help of Ms. Resuri_Ann, we were thinking of having a simple trip to Intramuros and Binondo (Both in Manila) on April 28, 2012.

Here is the Itinerary:

1. Experience the culinary treasures of Chinatown in Binondo by hopping from one restaurant to another! We can do the route similar to this blog: thecreativedork.com/2011/02/4416/the-ultimate-binondo-food-trip/

I will be buying a guide by Ivan Dy which contains all the restaurants and their best sellers so that we won't be lost.

2. See Philippines' History through a performer's perspective through Carlos Celdran's Walking Tour in Intramuros entitled "If these Walls Could Talk". Here is the site: celdrantours.blogspot.com/2011/10/if-these-walls-could-talk-tour-of.html

If ever this will be our schedule on that day:
1. 11AM: Meet at Central Station LRT (or you may suggest another place)
2. 11-11:15- Travel to binondo
3. 11:15-3:30- Food Trip in Binondo
4. 3:30-4:00- Travel to Intramuros
5. 4:00-7:00 - Walk This Way Tour by Carlos Celdran

Personal Budget:
Transpo: during the tour (~Php 50)
Binondo: depends on what you want to eat
Intramuros: The tour costs Php 1,100 each (they collect payment upon arrival at the meeting place so there is no need for prepayment)

If you are interested to join us please do not hesitate to reply. REsuri_ann and are sure to go there on the 28th so we thought why not invite other people as well!

In joining this trip, you may get to know more about Filipino History and Culture plus meet new friends!

Hope you can join us!

All the best,

Maitta

i'm IN..!! :top:

Hi Maitta!

Can you please post your ad in the Philippines classifieds > activities section?

Thanks

Francesca

okay. Done!

I am in

Hello Apologies for the late reply. For those who would like to join I hope you are free on May 12 - Saturday.. :)

Cheers! :)

HI everyone I'm Isa.  YOu mean  this saturday 28 not anymore??

Not anymore sorry. Hope you can join on previous date ive mentioned. There will be another tour scheduled :)

Oh ok great Ann.. MAy 12 then.. please advise if there is any changes. Thanks and cheers..

ISa

Hi Resuri Ann I have sent you an email before, but I didn't received any news , the plan still? Please confirm,,, Thanks

Isa

Isa,

When are you available? May 19 is still free for me so I can coordinate for this and we can ask the others if they can go.

-Maitta

Hi Maitta,

Sure I am available on those dates.... 19th May.. please let me know if any changes.. and the time and meeting point, note that I am currently in Clark so I need to arrange my schedule.   

I really would love to do such activities, I've here since 3 weeks and literally I have't done much and I have no friends here..

Thanks and cheers

Isa

Hey guys ill be in sagada next week though :( its a 4 day trip. Wont be back til monday.
Ill be definitely available the week after that though.

Hey MAitta,

Thank you for the great time at Manila, it was a pleasure meeting you. I think we walked more than 15 km on that day. See you this afternoon for the orientation. Can't wait for the weekend activity.

Cheers,

Isa