New Friends - Going out in Lyon

Hey Guys,

Been in Lyon over a year and still finding it hard to find new friends as i've not really had to time to look!

So i'm looking to meet some new people, it would be great to go out for drinks with people that speak English. It would also be nice to find some good places to drink (as its completely different to Leeds here)

So if anyone is interested, let me know.
thanks

He Rebecca,

Been in Lyon for nearly a year now and still descovering this city. If you are interested in having some drinms and trying out new places let me know.

Thanks

Rocky

hello

i have lived in lyon for only 2 weeks and woild want to become friends maybe you can show me around

hello hello!

yeah it is kind of hard fine people here.......
dont know too many places. but we can go out. meet people!

there is resto/bar name: Johnnys kitchen! in vieux lyon. i like it, u can try.:P

Hi guys,

I arrived in lyon one week ago and it would be great to discover the city with other expatriates! Why don't this week-end?

Hi,

Iam also feeling the same.

If you are interetsed please reply.

vasu

Hi, I've been in Lyon for  around 4 months and know no one yet. Maybe it would be fun to meet? :)

Hi everyone,
I'm a lyonnais but it will be a pleasure for me to have a drink at sometimes if you feel lonely here.. I do understand how hard it could be for you guys to live in another country than your.
And also I need to improve my english !!
2 english friends of me are coming the 8th of june for the weekend if some of you want to join us for party :)

Hi guys, I'm looking for English- or Russian-speaking friends too. I'm from Kazakhstan and been living in France for 1 month. Got a bit bored to explore the city abd having drinks all by myself )). If you don't mind me joining your "community", please drop me a line.

Hello, Nakvis, Asema, Rebacce,

I would love to meet people here in Lyon. I have been back and forth betweeb home (NYC) and LYON but now I am here to stay for good. In the little time I was here I made just a few friends and even play in a band. However, since they are occupied durring the days it kind off gets a bit lonly so I wouldn't mind some company to explore the city.

Asema, I speak very little Russian and some Goergian words :)

Thanks and enjoy

Rocky

Hi Rocky and Nakvis, thank you so much for your quick responses, happy to meet you here.
Next Monday is fine for me - we could meet up & hang out somewhere.
Rocky - you can plactice ur Russian with me if you wish to, and by the way I can play piano.. I used to play it well at my young years ))

Let s rock it tonight in Vieux Lyon !! I wanted to try the johnny s kitchen! I dont speak russian at all but u guys could learn me some words apparently... SPACIBA !! (I ve been to moscow and samara last year and learned only this word! haha)

Hey Sissious, if I have a chance tonight I'll drop in to the Johnny's. If I don't - you can tell us later about this place. Have fun!

U should come ! If not, Ill tell u how it was ;)

Hello all,
Likewise, I have just moved over to Lyon from London to work. I would love to get to know the city with people who know it a bit better than I do and who have gone through a similar experience (i.e. moving to a new city)!
Look forward to hearing from you
Rachel

Just to let u know Asema, yesterday I went to the Johnny's Kitchen and what I can tell.. this little Pub is really nice and cosy !! And the guinness is very good... which is why today wasn t that easy at the office !!

Great then, we should all definitely try it

Hi

I am new to Lyon and i am searching for friends in lyon
I am damn bored with out any friends and i also dont know French
I am having a tough time being alone.
I am looking forward for friends who have some time to meet me.
Please reply back when you get some free time.
Waiting for your reply
contact me : [email protected]
Take care

Hi all,
Me and Roopesh are planning to meet up tomorrow afternoon in the Park Tete D'Or, appr 3pm. 
Everyone is welcome to join us for a walk / chat / drinks.

p.s. It would be great if we could all arrange a barbeque with food and drinks, games and music one sunny day in a park.

Asema,

I think it sounds nice with a BBQ if people are up for it :)

Well, despite of all apparent idleness here I hope we can make it one day )

Hi Asema;

I think it is a great idea. People feel more comfortable when there is food and wine around so it might help with the mingling part of things.

Did I just say mingling? Sorry its the NY in me lol...

Sorry, I'll miss tomorrow, I am performing out of town.

Catch you next time.

Enjoy

Rocky

I will be there tomorrow. And I wouldn't mind trying to plan a BBQ type event. We should pick a day a week in advance at least though, so people have time to plan.

Anyway where do yo plan on meeting specifically. The park is quite a big place.

Colin

Hi
Hope to see you all today.
Take care

Hey guys !!
Did you make it yesterday !? I hope you did because the weather was sooo lovely!!
I was very busy yesterday so I hope that a new meeting will be plan soon.

A bientôt !

It seems like there are some people interested in getting together for some BBQ-thingy, or am I wrong? haha :)

Maybe people who are interested could write something? And maybe then we can even pick a date?

Hey Sissious and all, yes it was great to meet the guys from different countries and talk.
Let's keep in touch and stay good friends,

Pulsjud, I love the BBQ idea )) just waiting for any progress )

Nice to hear that you guys had a great time! Next time we could go for an apéritif with rosé, beers, chips, sandwichs.. on les berges du rhônes! It s quite nice there in the end of the afternoon..

Hey Guys,

Sorry I missed out!

How about getting together for a "happy hour" after work next week? Let's say Tues the 26th or Wed the 27th? We could meet at Wallace, Vieux Lyon on the Saone? Or if anyone knows a great place, I'm all ears. :)

Hi Debi,

I am up for it! The 26 sounds good with me. The recording studio i'm recording at is right next to Wallece so it sounds like a good Idea.

Rocky

Hello All
Hope to meet you all in the next get together
Please let me know if you have some plans
I am adding my mobile number too:
See you

Roopesh, of course we will let u know if something happen!

Hi Debi,

I'm fine with Wallace on tue 26th, what time?

hi guys, would be glad to join you on the 26th!

Hey All,

I'd be interested in joining the HH, and could probably bring a few others with me

Hello Guys,
Meeting on the 26th of June would be grand!
Also, last night was la Fete de La Musique and there was a really good indie British band. They are playing again tonight at the Vox at around 8pm...Anyone up for it?

I would love to come, but cant tonight.  Will join everyone on Tuesday though, looking forward to meeting everyone

I'll be there too, but what time are we meeting? I can't be there till half 7 :)

Where to come till what time?

I think we should all meet at 7, and those that need to come a little bit late can!