Expats affected by Nitaqat

hello everyone,

i'm in the process of considering a non-clinical contract with a large health care facility in riyadh.

one of my concerns is the impact Nitaqat and employer classification may have on my visa.

the following blog gave me cause for concern: "...focus now is about expats who have lost their jobs and worse still, those who do not even know their fate."

http://workinginsaudiarabia.blogspot.ca/

in essence, i'm wondering how would you know if your potential employer is in the "red" or "yellow" category. if they're in either it may well impact whether your visa is cancelled when you leave the country on vacation...

am i being paranoid?

i'm not even in disagreement with the program - citizens should be employed first in my mind...it's just that i don't want to pack-up and sell my belongings, sign a contract then potentially face being unemployed and stuck in KSA...

cheers,

That's a valid concern & you are not being paranoid.

But here are some +ve facts:

- Red or Yellow category companies can't get a visa issued in the first place. Do rest assured that your sponsor company will be as green or a blue.

- Respected and reputable companies do extreme care that they don't go in the yellow or red zone. Like:
>>> Taking care that they don't hire number of expatariates such that they go down the level/ratio required by govt.
>>> They pay the GOSI (social insurance) fees on time.

- The companies are quite cooperative in that regard. You CAN talk this over with them and 95% of the time, they won't tell you any lies.

- To check the status anytime, you need the iqama # of a guy who is in sponsorship of that company. Check the status here on the Ministry of Labor website: http://mol.gov.sa/services/inquiry/nons … quiry.aspx

thanks TLL,

really appreciate your response. i posed the question to my agency and wasn't impressed with their response so for now, i will explore options b, c & d...

enjoy reading your posts. the ksa gang have the most interesting forum. love the sardonic humour :lol:

cheers,

Ministry of Labor: No Exemptions From 'Nitaqat
Ministry of Labor denied in a press statement the exemption of any establishment From 'Nitaqat' program and the rumors that surfaced in the Media about any exemption is False.

The Nitaqat System implemented early this year stipulates that all private companies employ certain percentage of Saudis or they will be subjected to penal measures.

alriyadh newpaper