Clothes for teaching.

From what I can gather men should not wear short sleeved  shirts in Saudi Arabia. So I guess for teachers its long sleeved shirts and ties? Will I need to wear a jacket? Any advice on this topic from male teachers  will be appreciated.

Evening star

eveningstar its better confirm with the college or university you are suppose to work with. :)

eveningstar wrote:

From what I can gather men should not wear short sleeved  shirts in Saudi Arabia. So I guess for teachers its long sleeved shirts and ties? Will I need to wear a jacket? Any advice on this topic from male teachers  will be appreciated.

Evening star

Men where I work who wear western attire do wear short sleeved shirts, ties, and dress pants. I've never seen anyone in a jacket, due to the heat.

Alliecat wrote:
eveningstar wrote:

Evening star

Men where I work who wear western attire do wear short sleeved shirts, ties, and dress pants. I've never seen anyone in a jacket, due to the heat.

Yes, half sleeve is not an issue at all.

I'm not a teacher but I wear jacket throughout the year because it not only looks good, but also it keeps me feeling confident that I;m well-dressed.

Arabs (coz of their food may be) feel the heat more than others and they lower down the temperarture of ACs in the peak summer. I do need a jacket then :(

regardles of what the internet says also in general, shorts and short sleeves are ok in public btw.

unless you have alot of tattoos lol. then you should at least cover the big ones.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

regardles of what the internet says also in general, shorts and short sleeves are ok in public btw.

unless you have alot of tattoos lol. then you should at least cover the big ones.

:lol: OF COURSE. It's better than turning Muttawas (the relgious police) green with envy.

well, i got yelled at cause my half sleeve was showing hah. they didnt say anything about the forearm tattoo or labret piercings however. so weird

Freshlikesushi wrote:

well, i got yelled at cause my half sleeve was showing hah. they didnt say anything about the forearm tattoo or labret piercings however. so weird

Are you talking from many years ago or recently?

1 and a half or so years ago

not too far back.

And that also in the comparatively more lenient city Jeddah; right? That's why they didn't comment on the forarm tatoo and piercings.

yep. exactly

Which is why riyadh is going to be FUN
Mohawk, piercings and tattoos.

lets see how it goes from Jeddah to Riyadh lol