My trip to Budapest

I visited Hungary, Budapest, this week and stopped there four nights. Before I travel I was worried that I would be struggling to communicate with people because of language as I can't speak Hungarian at all and I also wanted to go on my own. Some people in England was saying it's not safe and worthwhile to visit Budapest go to Eastern Europe but I listened to my inner voice and made the trip to Budapest!

However, out of the blue, I had a perfect time in there. I wasn't on my own. A friend of mine came with me. Language wise I didn't have a problem since at all the tourist sights people spock English. I found People very friendly too.

Unfortunately, I missed visiting some places. I didn't have enough time and am planning to go back again.

I couldn't recognise still bottled water from fizzy bottled water. I asked the staff when shopping at the supermarket but they answered in Hungarian!! I want to know do you do bottled still water at supermarkets and how can you tell the difference?

I also need to know about bus and tram ticket. Can you buy a weekly OR all day ticket in Budapest and use it on tram, metro and any buses? Thanks for your help.

behappylove wrote:

I couldn't recognise still bottled water from fizzy bottled water. I asked the staff when shopping at the supermarket but they answered in Hungarian!! I want to know do you do bottled still water at supermarkets and how can you tell the difference?

I also need to know about bus and tram ticket. Can you buy a weekly OR all day ticket in Budapest and use it on tram, metro and any buses? Thanks for your help.

It's easy with the water. Fizzy has BLUE tops and still has PINK tops. You can also tell the difference by pressing the bottles. The fizzy ones are hard (from the pressure insde) and the non-fizzy (still) are softer.

Regarding the tickets, yes, you can do all of that. Look at the BKV web site (the Budapest City transport company).  Click here: BKV Tourist Tickets

Yes, bottlecaps make it easy. Green means mildly carbonated.

Cheers fluffy2560. the inf were very useful.