New to Jubail...need information regarding accomodation

Dear All

I have been offered job in Jubail. I have been working in KSA Jeddah since 5 years. I have been to jubail a couple of times for business trips but don't have much idea regarding it. The company that have offered me job is in Industrial Area II in Jubail. I need your help regarding the faily accomodation location and prices for a 2 BHK flat in a good area ideally where there are alot of pakistani expats and the rents are also nominal and good area.
Looking forward to replies from you guys.

with best regards

khan_inayat

Hi khan_inayat and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that other members will soon share their experience with you.;)

Do not hesitate to post an advert in the Housing in Jubail's section.

Hope it helps,
Harmonie.

Dear,

The 2 BHK rent is 21000 per year..

The rents vary from area to area and the age of the building. However, you can get a 2 BHK flat from SAR 20,000 to 35,000 per annum.

Yes BAK is right. It depends on location.

Dear Mr. Inayat...
I have the same experience means I have been transferred from Jeddah to Jubail in 2009. Now Iam in Jubail.
Please dont compare Jeddah and Jubail because Jubail is totally different in live styles. The cost of living is very high and people also 90% expacts. You cant find a good saudi man also here. All the things are costly, so while making an agreement with your company pls take care. The man who lived in Jeddah will take atleast 2 - 3 years to set in Jubail. The condition is like that. You can get a 2 BHK flat around 20,000/- per year. This is average it may come down also to 19 and it will come up to 21. so 20,000 is average.
If u have more doubts you can contact me in [email protected]

Regards

Thank you for the information kashif_manaf.
Based on your experience living in Jubail, what is the best and efficient way for looking for an appartment to rent? Is there such things as classified ads in local newspaper or Real Estate agents?

Cheers

yes in Jubail you will find lot of real estate offices ..

Many thanks A_K
do you know what do they usually charge for their fees?

Sorry for late reply. Usually they charge 1000 SR.

Regards,

Thank you very much A_K

You are most welcome. If you have any questions feel free to ask here.. :)

Yes I would appreciate if you could tell me if there is any problem using Skype or Facebook in KSA. Also what's the voltage used in the electrical outlets? 220 v or 110 v?. Thank you again.

Ecologist wrote:

Yes I would appreciate if you could tell me if there is any problem using Skype or Facebook in KSA. Also what's the voltage used in the electrical outlets? 220 v or 110 v?. Thank you again.

both voltages are available in magic kingdom and no problem at all with any social media site or skype etc.. all functional as ever..

Thank you very much DrHassanMalik that's indeed very reassuring.

@Ecologist- You are a bit off topic. The thread is about accommodation in Jubail. :)

Aurélie