Sufficient Funds? And Wadayamean by ‘Three Months’?

Hello all,
UK/ EU passport holder.
Does anyone know how much money I have to have to convince our friends that I have ‘sufficient funds' so I can stay in Sweden for more than three months and get ‘residency'?

Also, does anyone know what is meant by ‘more then three months'? If I go back to UK for a day, and then come back, does my three months start again?

Thanks!

:-----------------------)

I'm not sure there's a hard and fast rule to that. I guess they want to see that you're not going to burden their social support systems. I would expect that you need to show you've got enough money to pay rent, or a letter from someone in Sweden guaranteeing to house you for that period. And evidence that you've got enough money for basic foods. Either as a job offer, or as bank funds. I can't say that I've ever seen a fixed amount written down. It must also be fairly discretionary, as obviously living costs will vary from region to region. But you wouldn't be coming if you didn't have enough money to live and eat. Possibly enough for a plane trip home if your residency application was unsuccecssful (although I don't think that can be denied to an EU citizen). With a little in reserve for emergencies. And that's all I think they are looking for you to show.

As for the other part of your question, I think it's a common sense approach. They will be ok with the odd day here and there, but want to see that you're making a real commitment to Sweden, and not just trying to take advantage of the system. At least, that's how it worked in NZ. I don't think you would have to start again, but maybe your 3 months might be extended to cover the time you spent outside of Sweden. If it was significant.

Grant

Hey Grant!

Many thanks for this!

TinHead :-)