Activities for Kids in HCMC

Calling all Saigon parents!

We are currrently living in Hanoi and are soon to move down to Saigon .

We are Homeschooling our 6 year old dauhter so I would love to hear any recommendations for activities in our new city. I am particulary interested in any kinde/international school after-school programs offered to the wider community. I know the International Montisorri School offers a great program and the Dancenter offers good classes. Though I wonder if anywhere has a cheaper ballet class or music/piano lessons? 

Is there a park where local kids and expat kids both come to play in the eves and wknds?

And the long shot:.....Any other Homeschooling families out there that can meet for park and Museum trips?

Thanks in advance for your time!

Welcome to Expat.com featherprint!;)

Harmonie.

Hi there currently in the U.K. my wife and I have 2 daughters aged
8 and 10 Trangs family are from Dalat but have spent a bit of time
In Saigon there is a park near PHAM NGU LAO  there is also DAM SEN a water park they love it there they also do Kumon in Saigon
don't know if you have heard about it but if you get the chance look it up , my eldest really enjoyed it in the U.K. and when we move to V.N. in 3  or 4 months time am hoping to enrol both girls
will hope to send the girls to learn vietnamese so we can send them to a local school eventually .......
Where are you from and how long have you lived in Hanoi ?
we have the 5 year Visa Exemption certificate and been to immigration in Dalat and are being sponsored by Trangs parents
not sure if we have to go to cambodia every 3 months or not ...
do you have to leave and then come back in again ?
I am sure they are likely to do Dance classes but don't know where

hope this helps and I look forward to your reply

Kind Regards Tim and family

Can't help much on your other questions, but I agree on Dam Sen, you should take her there.

Not far from Dam Sen is another place to bring your kids, a small park with a “fishing pond”, it's called “Phu Lam”(cau ca phu lam).

About 15km distance from Q1 direction Bien Hoa on Xa Lo Ha Noi / QL 1A is another amusement park called Suoi Tien, it holds some roller coasters, water games, game halls and so on. If she likes Dam Sen, she'll also enjoy Soui Tien.

Hi Featherprint!

You can contact the conservatory of HCM city which located at 112 Nguyen Du Street, D.1. They offer frequently private piano classes for foreigners.

I dont know about the price, maybe you can contact them by email ([email protected])or this is the website if you know vietnamese. the courses

Hope your girl have good class :)

The Canadian International School has a program, as part of it's curriculum, where day students get to stay over to improve their people handling skills.

They also recommend e-Learning which allows students to do study at home at their own pace. < http://e-study.vn/ >

The Montessori school here might not accept your child as their senior grade is 7 years.

That's assuming you can afford the Application and Enrollment Fees PLUS the $11,000 they want for annual tuition,

I have PMed you a link for TP HCM schools, you should sit down before opening the page, you are in for a shock.

Hi Featherprint,

Are u still in HCMC? My four year old is in a Waldorf kiddie here. But I am interested in homeschooling, too. Maybe we can meet?

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promotion of external links not allowed on the forum.