Iqama renewal for Engineers & Professionals

good day!!!just want to ask about the new procedure in renewing iqama's for Profeesionals here in riyadh!!!

No Idea Wait and watch :)

Wait for what? new regulations coming up? :lol:

This has been discussed in past several; check out:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=115852https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=60426

crm.saudieng.org i heard no more taking application

I'm an Engineer but thanks God this is not what my profession says. Hassle-free Iqama renewal! ;)

TheLegendLeads wrote:

I'm an Engineer but thanks God this is not what my profession says. Hassle-free Iqama renewal! ;)

I was an engineer before I came here. Now only my Iqama says that !! :P

@TLL- Isn't the Iqama renewal the responsibility of the sponsor ?? And whats this SCE thing ??? I never got registred with that or may be my sponsor did that for me.... Anyways no clue...:|

Hi @Saimans,
Anyone having his profession saying 'engineer' must register himself with the Saudi Engineering Council. This is a move towards organizing the profesionals but is partially implemented yet. (Btw, almost all countries have engg councils so does the KSA.)

The Jawazat (Passport Authorities) made the SCE registration mandatory for iqama renewal some time back.

Yes, iqama renewal is the responsibility of the sponsor/employer and he might have already registered you in SCE.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Hi @Saimans,
Anyone having his profession saying 'engineer' must register himself with the Saudi Engineering Council. This is a move towards organizing the profesionals but is partially implemented yet. (Btw, almost all countries have engg councils so does the KSA.)

The Jawazat (Passport Authorities) made the SCE registration mandatory for iqama renewal some time back.

Yes, iqama renewal is the responsibility of the sponsor/employer and he might have already registered you in SCE.

:top:

dear TheLegendLeads,
please tell me the process of attachements of documents.
regards,
Engr,Muhammad Rafique Saqib