Practical Example of getting a job in UAE

Hey Folks

I will be happy if my post may be of any help to any one, looking for a job.

1. Google for the jobs availability for your profession in UAE. If you see potential opportunities then plan for a visit otherwise try to keep yourself happy where you currently are.

“Applying to a company/recruiter that doesn't have a job matching your profile and waiting for the feedback, doesn't make any sense to me”

2. Upload your CV to all appropriate job portals/recruitment agencies before coming to UAE. (Save time, Do it from your home country). Clearly mention, you will be able to appear for face to face interview if required

3. Come to UAE on visit visa; refresh/updated your CV with your presence in UAE and local Mobile number.

4. follow up with the jobs, you feel were very close to your profile.

5. Social Media is a very powerful tool these days to get a job. Explore and expand your network with Hiring authorities and appropriate professionals, you think might help you in getting a job.

6. For better salaries, get your educational certificates attested from UAE embassy from your home county.

7. I would suggest/prefer searching for job/working for multinational firms rather than companies owned/managed by locals.

I believe an effective approach is the only way to get a job in UAE and that only depends on oneself.

Talent / education / experience / availability matters a lot for an employer. For those who don't get any response from a recruiter/company believe it or not, more than 200 CVs are received for one single position, so don't you think something extraordinary must be in your CV, to get yourself shortlisted.

Best of luck

Great useful post.

Thank you :)

Great post, this not only for UAE, same here with all EU countries.