Job oppurtunity move to Dubai in 3 days!!

Hi Ya'll,
I found this site doing the typical Google search. I am a Merchant Seaman by trade. I am trying to get on to yachts. I have had an offer to take a job in Dubai. It starts this week. I am in Florida!
I have been to Dubai before, pulling in on ships in Jeb Ali, and going and spending a good time partying in Downtown. I loved it. I am jumping at this job.
So, my question is, for someone who is moving quick, what should I take into consideration when I come over. I have seen it from a tourist point of view, but I am going to have a house and transportation provided by the company. Pay won't be much, but, hey, expenses are taking care of. I need to know about pre-paid cell phones, skype, places to stay away from, fresh food markets to check out, cheap clothing areas, hospital care and insurance use and all that stuff for a young 30 something getting to live for some time somewhere new.
By the way, I have lived a lot of places, so the culture shock is nothing new.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from ya'll

Just curious....has anyone read this? All the views I have had, and no one has a thing to say? No one can tell me what the best supermarket is? Where to get a cell phone? Nothing? No one has any advice for the day to day living necessities that life demands?

depends on where u r stayin.... carrefour is good... but supermarkets r standard...

dubai is good... u r askin very basic q..al this is easily available.....u shld like it here.....but again where r u stayg..n if u hav a car then no probs at all...