Family of four moving to Ecuador

Hello everyone, my name is Tywanna and I am looking for any information on nice places to live in Ecuador, transportation,and schools for elementary children. Me and my husband and our two children 11 and 8 are moving to ecuador in July. We are very excited about the move. Me and a couple of co-workers will be going to ecuador on April 20 2012 to find where we would like to live. At this time I will be looking for a place to rent and getting to know our new place of residents so I can share my knowledge with my husband when I get back. If you have any information pls help..

Thanks
Tywanna

Hi Tywanna and welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to browse through the forum, it may help.;)

Harmonie.

Hi,

Most of the foreigners love to live in cities like Cuenca and Quito, the climate is more confortable for them, those cities are in the mountainsm we call this region Sierra, beautiful landscapes.
In the Cost (costa) we have Guayaquil, Manta, Salinas. tropical weather. The first one is the biggest one in the coutry, plenty of night live. Manta and Salinas have beutifull beaches.

bye

If you have children who are going to go to school here then I would suggest Cumbaya or Tumbaco.  Both are east of Quito and at a slightly lower elevation so the temps are not as cool as in Quito.  Both of these areas are considered sub-burbs of Quito which is only 20 minutes away.
I suggested these towns as most of the "foreign" schools are located here.  I know someone in a similar situation and he sends his kids to the "British School".  They looked at all the possibilities and this was considered the best.  $7500+ a year for tuition.
Hope this helps.