Riyadh compound close to AISR

Hi,

Please can someone advise on a western compound close to the American International school of Riyadh. 

Regards Doreen

How close ??? :P

In the general area! I obviously don't know the city and there isn't a web site that shows a map with the schools and the compounds.
If the traffic is indeed terrible, the travlling time would take longer than normal so living on the other side of town to the school doesn't make any sence so in the general area or 15 to 20 minutes drive would suffice.

I must ask you however, why is it always the same people that answer the questions posted on the forum?

It's all very well looking for the compounds near by - sorry can't help with this part -but anyway, you may find that the very close compounds have a long waiting list because everyone with kids in the school want to be close. You may have to live a little further out at first and put your name down for a villa. A lot of the compounds will also provide a bus to schools. I know they obviously wont want t sit on the bus for an hour every day but if it is for a short while it is not the end of the world

As for answering questions ... we have nothing better to do with our time :P

doreenmag wrote:

I must ask you however, why is it always the same people that answer the questions posted on the forum?

Well, we all have our areas of expertise.  Except saimans.  He just blathers on and on, hoping to someday attain VIP status :P

@ Alliecat - Isn't it going out of bounds ?? Anyways I don't have any interest to attain the so Called VIP status, you can keep that crown to yourself and feel proud of it !!!

Good to know your area of expertise. :)

:lol::lol: Seems Alliecat has all daggers drawn at you now @saimans.

I know what she's gonna say about THIS post. Let me raise the placard myself :(:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

I'll officially give you all double VIP status if I can get the names of the western compounds near the school!!

You are all very helpful and entertaining....what do your partners say about the time you spend in front of the computer??

So does that mean that if I move to Saudi I'm going to have nothing to do but to also become a VIP blogger?

http://www.saudicompound.com/index.php? … ks&lcat=12

This is the list of compounds here at Riyadh. However, Not sure which one is actually close to the AISR.

BTW - Do you mean to say VIP bolgger has nothing to do ?? :p

It's 8:23pm here. What time is it there? What is there to do in the evenings over there?

We in an hour ahead of south Africa - other than shopping or eating out in the evenings, u sit in front of ur computer :)

saimans wrote:

BTW - Do you mean to say VIP bolgger has nothing to do ?? :p

That's what she's saying--and she's RIGHT!  I'm the first to admit I have no life!

BTW, Doreen, if you check the Guide in the vertical box to the left, there's a list of compounds with addresses.  Perhaps you can google these in relation the American school.

But you know what?  You can't arrange anything ahead of time anyway in KSA.  You have to land first and then go around, face-to-face, meeting the compound managers and if they have an opening, it's yours!  I really don't think they refer back to lists--they've no need to.

Thanks alliecat.  We have been asked to apply at schools for the September intake, I was hopeing to gather as much info as possible before choosing between british or american schooling.  The company will supply accomodation, is it possible to negatiate were one wants to stay.

doreenmag wrote:

Thanks alliecat.  We have been asked to apply at schools for the September intake, I was hopeing to gather as much info as possible before choosing between british or american schooling.  The company will supply accomodation, is it possible to negatiate were one wants to stay.

If I were you, I'd first find out the max they're willing to pay for accommodation.  That's a starting point.

doreenmag wrote:

The company will supply accomodation, is it possible to negatiate were one wants to stay.

If company is going to provide you with the housing, then I have serious concerns whether you can negotiate where you want to stay, provided the company has leased accomodation availability in various compounds. In that case ask the employer if they have accomodations available in different compounds.

Or Take the housing allowance from the employer and find the suitable place as per your requirement. Its actually a Pain and Generally not advisable.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

AISR is near exit 14, Alrawabi Area and near Al-Naseem. Yamamah hospital is nearby. i think there is RANCO compound there.

Hi doreenmag. I realise this is an old thread, but I may be moving to Riyadh soon and have the exact question you did. Did you eventually find a western compound close to the AISR? If so, please can you share the name of compound you settled for and others close to the school. Thank you!

CouldBExpat wrote:

I realise this is an old thread

Pls initiate a new thread. This one is 4+ years old.

Thank you. I am aware. I was hoping to get a reply from the original poster which is why I posted here. Will start a new thread though. Thanks!