Hello Riyadh Expat Blogggers!

Hi all, I have just moved from London to Riyadh. I have taken an apartment in the Al Hamra compound, which is quite nice, and  am working in the Kingdom Tower. If any Expat.comgers amongst you would like to meet up at some stage, we can arrange to have a get together on the compound and chill out in the sun!

Welcome to Riyadh and to the forum!!!

Welcome on Board to Riyadh as well as to EB forum !! Have a nice and peaceful stay. :)

Thank you both very much for the warm welcome to the forum:)

Weclcome to Riyadh!

welcome to Riyadh

Hope your settling in.

take care

Welcome to the forum and to Riyadh!^^

Welcome to Riyadh

Welcome , I hope you are settling in and that your compound is a goodun.
Al

His compound is the bestun ;)

Alliecat wrote:

His compound is the bestun ;)

Just got your word on that Allie, need invite to inspect and form my own opinion!!!

Moestavern wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

His compound is the bestun ;)

Just got your word on that Allie, need invite to inspect and form my own opinion!!!

Well, I've just got other people's words!  Maybe I should join your inspection tour :lol:

Alliecat wrote:
Moestavern wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

His compound is the bestun ;)

Just got your word on that Allie, need invite to inspect and form my own opinion!!!

Well, I've just got other people's words!  Maybe I should join your inspection tour :lol:

Right on Sister

Moestavern wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
Moestavern wrote:


Just got your word on that Allie, need invite to inspect and form my own opinion!!!

Well, I've just got other people's words!  Maybe I should join your inspection tour :lol:

Right on Sister

Well he did say in his first post we were welcome.

Moestavern wrote:
Moestavern wrote:
Alliecat wrote:


Well, I've just got other people's words!  Maybe I should join your inspection tour :lol:

Right on Sister

Well he did say in his first post we were welcome.

Well yes but I think he wants to invite us first? lol

Alliecat wrote:
Moestavern wrote:
Moestavern wrote:


Right on Sister

Well he did say in his first post we were welcome.

Well yes but I think he wants to invite us first? lol

Minor details, although we should give him a chance to get the munchies in, you know , numbers to cater for etc.

Sorry Firstedge seems like your organising a Party!!!!!!

[email protected] both Mo and AllieCat: Seems both of you have it arranged for me :) Great, that takes a load off things for me to do then..! i guess now the weather's (for Riyadh standards) is getting (better) warmer, the swimming pools will be opening up, and there is also a function room here that can be booked out providing a dj, and food and drink! Just needs bodies to fill it up :)

Firstedge wrote:

[email protected] both Mo and AllieCat: Seems both of you have it arranged for me :) Great, that takes a load off things for me to do then..! i guess now the weather's (for Riyadh standards) is getting (better) warmer, the swimming pools will be opening up, and there is also a function room here that can be booked out providing a dj, and food and drink! Just needs bodies to fill it up :)

Glad you are taking the banter in good humour, sure we could fill a function room if we tried hard enough!!

Post inspection of the facilities i assume from both yourself and Alliecat to round up the troops :) I'll give you the 'grand tour'.Good bit of banter I'm always up for too so, let the fun begin :)

Firstedge wrote:

Post inspection of the facilities i assume from both yourself and Alliecat to round up the troops :) I'll give you the 'grand tour'.Good bit of banter I'm always up for too so, let the fun begin :)

Well my new friend, we have just had a board meeting this evening round my place watching football,with a few apple juices, well I say football it was my mates team Southampton, hee hee. Got beat off Blackpool 3-0, I felt his hurt. Anyhoo the result of the board meeting was that the four members of the newly arrived in Riyadh squad are looking to recruit new members and there are places availlable.
If you would like to PM me I can give you some details of our activities -ooer Missus - don,t be afraid its nothing to worry about. If you can accept a mix of Geordie, Smoggie, Southampton dude and some bloke from Leicester, oh and maybe a stray Allicat, then your in.
Al

My office is also in the Kingdom Tower... Lets touch base and meet up... Look forward to that.

To Firstedge- This alliecat seems quite insistent,I've come across many american girls who just go after guys who live in nice compounds so be careful of who you invite! If you also look at posts by her on other topics, you will find her rude, arrogant, dismissive with a large superiority complex. Being American myself too- I must apologise for the odd airheads and diggers that are out here! Let me know if you wana chat further, and we can pm :)

bobcat001 wrote:

To Firstedge- This alliecat seems quite insistent,I've come across many american girls who just go after guys who live in nice compounds so be careful of who you invite! If you also look at posts by her on other topics, you will find her rude, arrogant, dismissive with a large superiority complex. Being American myself too- I must apologise for the odd airheads and diggers that are out here! Let me know if you wana chat further, and we can pm :)

On the other hand that Moestavern is a real good dude and is an asset to your friend circle!!!!If you can understand Geordie

Bobcat-
Thanks for your information, but I actually think the opposite of what you're saying is true in regards to Alliecat, and I definitely don't appreciate disparaging remarks about someone in a public or private forum when I doubt you even know Alliecat in any way. I'll thank you to keep your rude comments aside and to yourself preferably in future, and no i shan't be sending you any pm's as I don't think you warrant any further contact from my side, I find your comments quite offensive to be honest, and you've just taken to a low, the lighthearted conversation, so thanks for that..!

Firstedge wrote:

Bobcat-
Thanks for your information, but I actually think the opposite of what you're saying is true in regards to Alliecat, and I definitely don't appreciate disparaging remarks about someone in a public or private forum when I doubt you even know Alliecat in any way. I'll thank you to keep your rude comments aside and to yourself preferably in future, and no i shan't be sending you any pm's as I don't think you warrant any further contact from my side, I find your comments quite offensive to be honest, and you've just taken to a low, the lighthearted conversation, so thanks for that..!

Wow.. knight in shining armour.  Thanks!

bobcat001 wrote:

To Firstedge- This alliecat seems quite insistent,I've come across many american girls who just go after guys who live in nice compounds so be careful of who you invite! If you also look at posts by her on other topics, you will find her rude, arrogant, dismissive with a large superiority complex. Being American myself too- I must apologise for the odd airheads and diggers that are out here! Let me know if you wana chat further, and we can pm :)

Its not to offend you but, Lets not generalise the things. And I'm sure those things written are not intended to be rude, arrogant or something else. However, I agree things do go out of hand at times, but then that happens with two different individuals and having different individualities. I believe there should not be any personal grudges or opinion made about anyone at the EB.

Cheers :)

Saiman- Those are not generalised comments those are directed at a particular individual and nationality- perhaps your transliteration is different to mine, and its certainly not 'things getting out hand at times' there was no animosity or any build up to warrant those comments from bobcat it was not in response to anything that was discussed earlier or of anything else related to what was being discussed, and yes if you do believe there should not be grudges etc, then you are not making any logical sense, because that just validates that you're interpretation as incorrect..

MOESTavern: As long as you don't sing Fog On the Tyne and don't pull a Jimmy Nail on people (for people unfamiliar with Jimmy- he is a geordie legend in the old as Alex from clockwork Orange would put it- 'Ultraviolence', then I  don't mind the accent or the banter :) ta da pet! :P

Firstedge wrote:

MOESTavern: As long as you don't sing Fog On the Tyne and don't pull a Jimmy Nail on people (for people unfamiliar with Jimmy- he is a geordie legend in the old as Alex from clockwork Orange would put it- 'Ultraviolence', then I  don't mind the accent or the banter :) ta da pet! :P

reet nee botha al gan canny, divnt yi worry yasel, Howay the Lads

Firstedge wrote:

Saiman- Those are not generalised comments those are directed at a particular individual and nationality- perhaps your transliteration is different to mine,

Yeh I do agree that they are targeted towards individuals irrespective of their nationalities.

And I think my interpretation is quite correct !!

Saimans- If firstedge is offended by my comments regarding people who he should have a better understanding of then, that's not my problem, I merely was warning him of people like Alliecat and other American girls who would flaunt themselves at someone who was living in upper end areas, and have shown themselves to be a certain way in these forums, this is not a personal grudge just FACTS..and its not about differing personalities either, perhaps you're interpreting my comments wrongly too, I actually meant every word I wrote.!

@Alliecat..is that all you gotta say to ingratiate yourself with someone? Just goes to prove my point...Saimans- you're an indian national living in Saudi- so your understanding is not gonna be the same..don't try to whitewash what I wrote, i wasn't trying to be subtle so I don't need you to brighten it up ok? Thx

I've detected several accounts using the same IP --> Good bye

Julien wrote:

I've detected several accounts using the same IP --> Good bye

Thanx Julien for the Eye Opener !! :top:

My dear fellow expat-bloggers,

Those of you who know me were probably surprised (disappointed? :lol:) at my lack of response to 'bobcat.'

It was immediately clear to me that bobcat and firstedge were the same person--very similiar writing styles plus a few things gave it away to me that bobcat wasn't female and wasn't American.

So ... Moe, forget about the big parties at the #1 compound in Riyadh :lol:  As they say, if it seems too good to be true, it probably IS!

Alliecat wrote:

My dear fellow expat-bloggers,

Those of you who know me were probably surprised (disappointed? :lol:) at my lack of response to 'bobcat.'

It was immediately clear to me that bobcat and firstedge were the same person--very similiar writing styles plus a few things gave it away to me that bobcat wasn't female and wasn't American.

So ... Moe, forget about the big parties at the #1 compound in Riyadh :lol:  As they say, if it seems too good to be true, it probably IS!

You are at the wrong place, Join CIA/FBI !!! :)

And pls keep my clandestine mails upto you only....:P

Alliecat wrote:

My dear fellow expat-bloggers,

Those of you who know me were probably surprised (disappointed? :lol:) at my lack of response to 'bobcat.'

It was immediately clear to me that bobcat and firstedge were the same person--very similiar writing styles plus a few things gave it away to me that bobcat wasn't female and wasn't American.

So ... Moe, forget about the big parties at the #1 compound in Riyadh :lol:  As they say, if it seems too good to be true, it probably IS!

Would make do with a small party right now never mind a big one!!
He/she/it suckered me right in there,wonder what pleasure was gained by that, sad Tw*t.

using 2 or more account will reflect the ip and stats..so that's reason user banned from E-B. so friends avoid using many accounts. And welcome all inside the compound, in a group not one by one :lol:

Moestavern wrote:

Would make do with a small party right now never mind a big one!!
He/she/it suckered me right in there,wonder what pleasure was gained by that, sad Tw*t.

Well, my friend, that was a perfect example of a TROLL--stirring up trouble.  Tried to get me worked up and then, if you noticed, began working on saimans with the "Indian National" stuff.

New topic