Moving to Milan from London this summer want to meet people!

Hello, I am a 26 year old female and I am may be moving to Milan this summer for work. I have never worked abroad before and am in 2 minds about milan as I am not sure whether its just going to be another concrete jungle like London..I would need to find acommodation and most importantly I would like to build up a network of friends and meet new people, english speakers expatriates would be perfect! can anyone give me any advice?

Hi lilacstar,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for this introduction.

hi .. welcome to Milan.. let's enjoy this summer with..ciao

gayan

Welcome to Italy
It's a great Country, and you will spend the most beautiful Moment of your life here
:D
See you soon

hi,  I'm english .been  here since august.  it's chaotic but nothing compared to london :P  depends where you're working for housing...near work would be best cos the public transport is packed full of ppl, theres no limit, literally shoulder to shoulder.c ya can imagine how disgusting it gets when it's really hot lol. most of the city is fairly safe. not the most friendly of places, but theen coming from london, it's not too bad :)

Carrie

I agree with you Carrie that Nothing Compared to London.
The most beautiful and wonderful
But Milan has a different taste
as you know

:)
Mido

Definitely on the concrete jungle side of things, plus so much graffiti. Summer is hot though so all is forgiven. Lots of expat groups here with regular nights/days out. PM me if you want a list of the expat groups etc

On a side note, I am happy I made the move.

Hi! It is a relaxing city in comparison to London =)
If you need advices I would be glad to help you!
I'm Italian, from Milan.

dbuk wrote:

Definitely on the concrete jungle side of things, plus so much graffiti. Summer is hot though so all is forgiven. Lots of expat groups here with regular nights/days out. PM me if you want a list of the expat groups etc

On a side note, I am happy I made the move.

Hi dbuk, these "expat groups" are just for "expat people"?
I'm trying hard to find a mother tongue english speaker (I tried this forum, meet up, easy milano etc. etc.) but probably you are not interested in language exchange? Perhaps there is too much demand and just few expats? Or maybe expats simply don't like me?!! :)

Hope the last one is not the right one.
Suggestions?

BTW lilacstar, obviously, I'd love to meet you

here
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=166005
you can find my presentation topic!

Hey sdd,

Na, these groups are open to everyone - in fact I think there might be more Italians going than English etc. Definitely worth checking them out!

I made a post in the forum with a link to some of the ones I have found.

Cheers,

Danny

Ok, thank you! I'll check it out

Hi,
I am Samy, Italian, but lived in London for 13 years and now in Milan for the past 10 months.
It's relaxing compared to London, you'll find is small and easy to reach anything with the pubblic trasport, a small but effective system, also cheap compared to the tube.
You'll need to get the hang of things, some shops are not open all day, many supermarkets closed on Sunday but options are there, you'll just need organisation skills.lol
I live in Affori, which is all right, cheap, seams like a village but is 20 min by tube from the Duomo.
So the best of both worlds.
I hope you'll have a good time, if there's anything I can help with just drop me message.
Take care.
samy