Looking for "dgreen7" from the forum late in 2011. Still out there?

Retired Army/ former Navy looking for like minds wanting to move to Ecuador. My wife and I are in our early 60's and exploring retirement locals.

26+ year retired Marine here. Wife and I are considering on making the move to Cuenca, Ecuador in 2014. We are coming for a recon of the area in June 2012. I am in my late 40s and wife just turned 40. We are doing our research and hoping the time with boots on the ground this summer will prove beneficial. We are currently in Michigan.

Us old fart vets need to stick together. There are a number of them on here, searching my profile for people I am friends with will help you find a few more.

RS
Tony Lamson

Hi, my husband and I are making the move to Salinas in the year 2015 or so. We bought our home there last May and have been renting in out. We plan on visiting for a couple of weeks each year until the move. I am from Canada and my husband from the US where we reside in KY. We fell in love with Salinas on our visit and after a year of research decided it was our retirement spot. I am 42 and he is 39 a little young to retire but we both scuba dive and are looking forward to getting involved in many organizations for charity work in Ecuador. Must stay busy. Good luck in your decision making and let us know how it goes. Sincerely, Michelle

Thanks for the info. We may piggyback with some friends who plan to move in 2012. Hope to hear from you again. Glen & Lin