Anyone here do climbing? Or want to?

I've just been doing the climbing course up at Fantofthallen and I'm hoping to take it up as a regular thing, but could really do with a climbing partner. Male, female, young or old, don't really mind.

If anyone is interested but wants to do the course first (It 10am-3pm Sat and Sun, 900kr) If you're interested but want to try it first I can help.

sib.no/no/trening/klatring/klatrekurs

Hi Ben,
I like climbing, my norwegian boyfriend has passed the course but I probably won't bother. Would be fun to go climbing with you, I only ever get 2 or 3 climbs a visit before my norwegian friends get tired. Which is kind of annoying after we have paid so much to get the tram to the sports hall and the entrance fee and the rope and harness hire. I think I will have to live in Bergen a bit longer before I adjust to their idea of value for money. ;)

Hiya just wondered how much Norwegian you have to be able to speak to go to climbing lessons? (mine is very basic atm) Phoebe

Wow, you wait a month for an answer and then two come at once.:)

I'll try to get back to you sometime I'm going frances, although if you're not interested in getting your card, only you'll be able to climb, as you need the card to be allowed to support somebody else. I have to look after my kids most days, so I'm not so free to go any time.

Phoebe, I would imagine you wouldn't need too much Norwegian as it's fairly basic and all of what they teach you, they show you physically. you then practise with them watching, so if you've misunderstood, they'll let you know before you kill anyone.
I wrote all of my messages to the course leader in English and he replied in English. I hate my written Norwegian because it makes me look either stupid or impolite. There were about 12 people on the course so they won't just speak English, but you can probably ask questions in English if you don't get it. I could try to take you some time if you want to get a feel of what it's like and I can go over the basics then.

Thank you for your reply. Let me know when you get back from France, I think it would be easier if one english dude could show me first before I pay up!
I am a parent also so get the limited time factor. This board is great, 2 replies in two days..
My two current aims are to climb and horse ride. I imagine that climbing takes alot of determination with a little adrenaline factor too. Oh I also want to do bongo drumming so if you know anyone...:lol:

Well, I take one of my daughters to an African drumming group on Wednesdays and both of the go horse-riding on Fridays, so there're definitely opportunities out there. Sorry, I think you might be too big to join in with them.

I took a moment to work out the France thing. I was actually talking to FRANCES who replied just before you :lol

My wife works in Oslo most of the week, so I'm a single parent Monday to Thursday, doesn't leave a lot of time to get out, but I'll try to sort something. They might even come along.