Swiss nationalship, impossible?

I put this in visa category I donŽt know which would be better...?

We have that kind of situation that we live in Finland. My husband and my son have Swiss nationality  because my husband had Swiss dad.(dad has past away for a long time ago).
My husband has lived in Finland since he was 9-10 years old. and now we have dreamed a while we like to move to Switzerland near to his roots(and a bit my sonŽs roots also).

Is there any possibility to get Swiss nationality for me also, when we not live yet there? We thought it would be easier to get job like that and all the other things would be easier also.

We asked about this from Embassy when my husband applied the Swiss nationality year ago for our son and we got it of course. That was easy, but my case is not maybe,..They said my husband needs to apply it for me and there were some points. But we did read somewhere that if the answer is no for the nationality, then itŽs possible to apply again after 10 years.
That kind of risk we donŽt want to take..10 years is a long time.
Our wedding is on July, but we have been& lived together 5 years. We have a son, marriage not yet but on July, I have really any kind of criminals behind me or anything. So IŽm a very decent citize. My language skills, well, english is like this. But I have studied befire and I have started these again german, Italien, french(I never knew when I was younger and studied these it would be some bonus to know these languages:)). But those are just elementary. We have travelled there couple of times and going there again at summer but we donŽt have relatives there anymore..

Hi Springflower,

What happend exactly ?

You speak about your husband ... but your Wedding is on July ??? is it your second wedding with him?

You speak about your son with swiss nationlity ... did you had another husband with swiss nationality or is it the son of your boyfriend?

I think you forget the most important : LOVE is the first way of a wedding. If you love your husband (and your son or his son) all the other point have no importance. Or not?

Now for your question "Is there any possibility to get Swiss nationality for me also, when we not live yet there?", it give 2 answer for you?

If you are married: go back by the ambassy, explain well what happend in your life and listen very well what they told you. In the swiss ambassy, if you speak respectuous with them, they will give you all informations you need. But listen well what they told to you.

I you are not married with your actually boyfriend: Wait so long you have to wait (yes, minimum 10 years), you love your husband, that the most important.

I wish you to find a peacefull way in your love.

No no, same man, just one, one and only. My "husband" and my sonŽs father.
But I call him already my husband cause boyfriend is doesnŽt feel propriate cause we are over 30 :).
So should I call him fiance :). In Finland we donŽt call fiance it feels too formal. So I always think that what I call him when I speak English :).

so you know now the answer ...

I you are not married with your actually boyfriend: Wait so long you have to wait (yes, minimum 10 years), you love your husband, that the most important.

and reed other post :) you will find nice informations about wedding :)

have fun

Hmm.
Maybe I didnŽt explain clearly, I speak a lot and write more :).

It is possible to apply nationality for right away when we are married. There was one point that we have had to been together/lived 5 or was it 6 years, married etc. Everything should be okay, but we were thinking that IF the decision is still negative. So in that case we canŽt apply again before ten years has gone. Despite of do we live already in Switzerland or not.

Or is it better to wait when we live in Switzerland and apply it then for me..There is still much easier all paper work etc. cause son and my man are swiss.

So if there is anybody in the same situation it would be interesting to know if the decision has been positive/negative and why.

And is there some problems to care of things for example with my son , do they pay attention if I donŽt have the nationality and my son has, for example in some office etc..?

Have a look at this website: http://www.bfm.admin.ch/content/bfm/en/ … tml#a_0006

I am a foreigner and married to a Swiss citizen. How can I apply for naturalisation?

You must have lived in a stable marriage with your spouse for at least three years, have lived in Switzerland for five years all in all, the last twelve months of which must be without interruption. If you live abroad, you must have lived in a stable marriage for at least six years and must have close connections with Switzerland. Regardless of where you live, you must be integrated in the Swiss way of life at least by analogy, comply with the Swiss rule of law, and you must not endanger Switzerland's internal or external security.

Note:
The Swiss spouse must have been of Swiss citizenship before marriage.

Since you're only getting married in July 2012, I don't see much potential to take advantage of any legal loopholes. The fastest way to obtain Swiss citizenship seems to be to live in Switzerland for five consecutive years from the date of your marriage without getting divorced during that time.

As for the prospects of finding a job in Switzerland, thanks to the bilateral treaties between EU/EG-EFTA and Switzerland, you basically have the same rights as a Swiss national in the Swiss labour market. Frankly, obtaining Swiss nationality won't give you a big boost. Instead (just as an example) learning the official language of your place of residence will be much more useful.

Okay, thanks for your answer. Maybe we forget this thing and focus our energy and time to take care of other things including relocation :).

Springflower wrote:

Okay, thanks for your answer. Maybe we forget this thing and focus our energy and time to take care of other things including relocation :).

"Dragonbay" is quoting the correct part of the law: 3 years marriage to a Swiss and 5 years living in Switzerland, or 6 years marriage to a Swiss and "closely connected to Switzerland" - to be judged by the Swiss of course :)

I assume you are Finnish and therefore an EU citizen. As an EU citizen, you have the same rights when applying for a job as the Swiss. This has been agreed upon by Switzerland and the EU in 2007. You don't need a visa to come to Switzerland for applying for a job, and once you've found an employer, you're are (almost) automatically entitled for a permit to stay ("Aufenthaltsbewilligung").

An employer, hence, won't judge you on "being Finnish" and it won't cause any "troubles" or "extra bureaucracy" to him for hiring you instead of a Swiss.
Much more important for getting a job:
- language skills (the local language around Zürich is German; in an international environment - international firms or university - English may do. I'm afraid Finnish won't help much...)
- a detailed and complete application (extensive in Switzerland: CV, letter, photo, copies of all your diplomas and when possible written references from previous employers)
- dress well for the job interview and be on time. Not even "My train was late" is an excuse to be late for a job interview, as trains are very punctual in Switzerland...
- be prepared for the question "what do you expect to earn when doing this job", even at the first interview. It is a standard question in almost any job interview.

Hope this helps!
Twan.