Work Visa Process and Now the Police Clearance report

I am a civil engineer Born and educated in Pakistan and Practiced in United States and i am a US Citizen. I have 15 year United States engineering experience and my current employer who is fortune 500 engineering firm has recently transferred me to Jeddah office . Well it is being over 45 days and i am going through procedure after procedures to obtain work visa. Luckly i had to mitigate "Turtle relocation" for one of the engineering projects here in California for envoirnmental impact so nothing surprize me any more. One country or the other there will always be some processess and mitigations one kind or the other. Here to understand the process and to know what i am getting into ;; Okay so got degree attested ( had to send it pakistan ) now my US agent submitted every thing to Saudi Counslate along with police report i obtained from my local police station. I Got a call from the agent that clearance report states i do not have any outstanding warrants and embassy want that police issue a letter i do not have any criminal records.. well i went to the recorder office at the county level and ran the search and got letter ( which had more disclaimers than the actual subject). Anyway letter states that they have "checked the county record and failed to find any records in past ten years". And dozen disclaimers stating no State record checked . My question is do i have to do FBI clearance to satisfy embassy ?? Any other californian or from Los Angeles gotten their clearance report??? Thanks a bunch and sorry for the long letter.

Hi sfgems and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

You need to get a certified report of your criminal record. If no record exists, then the certified report must state so.  If you're in California, copy and paste the following as an Internet search to get to the appropriate site: california attorney general criminal background fingerprints

you do not need an FBI report to answer oyur question

i have a local state report and that is what i used

Freshlikesushi wrote:

you do not need an FBI report to answer oyur question

i have a local state report and that is what i used

All I got was local, too,and it was sufficient.  I was astounded since, in theory, I could have have a record as a mass murderer in another town, but in MY town, I had no record!

Thanks a bunch guys for so many responses. I have now submitted both from my city and county spearate letters and will post for others information what happens. At the end of the day it comes back to who review your application and how ignorant or wellversed he / she is about his own procedures.