Moving to Nodia.........Advice Please

Hi everyone,

I am an expat from USA orginally but have spent the last 2 years working in Hong Kong. Recently, I have been asked to take on a General Manager position in Nodia for a minimum of 2 year assignment.

Can you please offer me advice? How is the living conditions in Nodia? Is it close enough to Delhi that I can enjoy the life of an expat there?

What salary should I expect for a General Manager position?
Is it suitable for an expat to live there?

I have many questions but would appreciate another USA citizens advice if you are currently in this area or situation.

Cheers!

actually I am italian but ... I leave in noida since a couple of weeks... It depends where u are. Example, I am in sector 19 and it is something like 15 km from coulnagh place (central delhi) it would take more than 1 hour by bus ... and something less than half an our by taxi. The only matter taxi would cost around 700 rupes. It could be used an oto (3 weel car)... it may charge something like 200 300 rupes, but not all the oto can cross the border between uttar pradesh and delhi. Noida actually is in Uttar pradesh. But in october should be ready the metro... and think will be much better.

Different if u leave in Greater Noida, that actually it quite far ...

Hi
Its hard to tell how much should a GM salary could be.
It all depends upon an organisation,type of industry,ur experience etc. Ideally a GM should be earning 80k-90K a month. Although it can vary a lot from 40k to 500K :) and even far. Though Noida/Delhi is a place where a person earning 5k can also survive and a person earning 100K can find trouble if he dosn'e spends wisely.
If compared to Hong Kong...Noida/Delhi dont provide a flashy nite life...All u can manage is to go pubs n bars that too close up early. Also to take care is security.

Hi,

I have recently moved to KL on an assignment from Noida, thus can give you a good view of an expat.

Noida is a new suberb or an extension of Delhi. offlate you can see lot of techy professionals moving to this part of town. All depends on the condo / apartment you live in. most of the new condo/apartments have all the facilities.

Noida is 11 to 15 kms from Delhi, thus should not be a problem to drive.

Wages completely depends on which organization / field you work in. I am sure as an expat  you will not have a bad deal. I can get you more details if you can tell which industry you cater to.

Can help you in your house search as well.

All the best

sir,

NOIDA is a very near to DELHI and situated in U.P. Some of the sector in NOIDA is very well and neat and clean.NOIDA is a model city of a U.P.Due to the IT industry in Noida is well known in GLOBAL.

If you wish to live in Delhi then then the near by colonies are mayur vihar,sarita vihar,jasola,new friends colony,kalkajee,lajpat nagr.

Regarding salary it is on you that how much you can negociate with your employer.

Hi bipin nigam,

Thank you for your contribution.  :)

(note that this is an old discussion)

Salary of GM is depend upon your experience.
Apart form this, Noida is good for living. Having good lifestyle. Today Noida is the hotteset place for living.