Need advice, please - planning to move to Beijing in May

Hello all,

I'm new to the expat scene and teaching English abroad. Recently, through a friend, I started thinking about teaching english abroad in China.
I got a job offer with this one company (don't know if I'm allowed to say the name or not... if I am, I will reply and post it) and this is what they're offering me:

Full Description
Job Location: (Beijing Proper)
Base Pay: 6,000 - 10,000/Month
Hours/Week - 25-30 (25 Teaching Hours)
Start date:Feburary 2012
Qualifications: Native English Speaker,Easy-going, enthusiastic potential teachers who love working with children. We prefer our teachers to have a Bachelor's degree or at least one year of experience working with youth.
Housing, Visa, Airfare, Chinese Lessons, Professional Assistant, Free Lunch at School

It all sounds too good to be true, and we all know the saying..

I also don't have a bachelor's degree, yet. I am in school right now, and will be able to go to school while I am in China since I go to school online. I don't know if that makes any difference to recruiters and schools or not, though.

When I showed my parents, they were a little skeptical and they said that the company should be paying for my plane ticket to and from Beijing. While they do give an airfare bonus at the end of the contract, they still found it shady.
They will give me housing and I'll be sharing the apartment with up to 3 other FT's - the district that they want to place me in is the Chayong district, is that a good area? I am a single 25 year old female going there by myself.

By the way, they are offering me the 6,000/month option because I opted for the housing. If I were to want my own apartment, then I'd get paid more I believe they said 8,500/month

I really don't know what to do, but I really want to make the decision, soon so I can either get ready to leave (since I only have 6 weeks left) or move on to something else.

Also, if this doesn't sound like a good deal.. Can anyone point me in the right direction to teach in Shanghai or Beijing where the requirements for Bachelor's Degree is more lenient?
I'd like to stay in China anywhere between 6-12 months.

Thank you so much for any input!

i am a student of china. but i am in ningbo, near to shanghai but far away from beijing.

there are many training institutions in Beijing, and it is hard to tell which is good or bad.

chinese value the degree very much. are you now in a famous school??

as for Chayang district, it is called Zhaoyang in chinese, it is a good place with many training schools.

i should say if you a student from a famous university, the salary of 6000 or 8500 is not high. i am in ningbo, i had a teacher who is a Foregin Exchange from Nottingham, he earns 1000 yuan with only 2 lessons a week, his classmate can earn 8000. they are both students of Nottingham, and both teaching colleges students around NOTTINGHAM of Ningbo.

mi email is [email protected]       any questions,please contact me