Compounds in Riyadh

Hi,

I am considering taking a posiiton in Riyadh and am looking into compound living.  My wife and my 16 year old daughter would be joining me.  We are from the States, currently living in Canada.

I have had some difficulty finding current information on compound living.  If you know of any good web sites about compounds in Riyadh, please let me know.  Otherwise, I am hoping to get some input on compound living in Riyadh.

Do you have any specific compounds that you would recommend, and why?  Are there any that you would avoid? What about amenities, such as restaurants, shops, etc...?  How about security?  What can I expect to pay for a 2 bedroom home (villa, townhouse, or apartment)?

Thanks!!

Cheers,

Erik

Try looking in this

https://www.expat.com/forum/424-7-accom … iyadh.html

You will find most of the queries being answered there. However as per my personal opinion Al-hamara and Arabian homes are good compounds. No comments about others, as I have seen just these two compounds.

For any queries which you cant find it in the thread, pls post them here. There are many great EB people who would love to help you in any case.

Good Luck mate !!

I think the cheapest two bed I have heard of on a compound is 50k per year, thats a small town house kind of thing. Dont know what the apartments are like or cost. You generally have to pay a year up ront, or some people i know have had a 6month lease. Either way, if you canswing your company paying it then it's always better. Just be careful they then dont decide to dock your full pay till it is paid off. Panda did this to someone and they didnt have any pay for the first 3 months.

You will find some ofthe compounds on google just tyoe compounds in riyadh and you will find some quite comprehensive sites. Security varies from compound to compound. Currently our security has taken to opening the bonnet and boot for all of a whole second before closing it again. But Al Hamra, arizona arab investment etc are all fairly good, but pricey as they hae very good facilities as well.

I think all compoundshave a pool, gym, shop. Most have restaurants. Some will have bowling ally, small cinemas, golf courses etc. Again depends on what you are wanting to pay. There is a long waiing list on the best compounds. But that doesnt man if you find the right person they wont find a space for you.

If you have a good cmpound you can get lazy and not need to ever leave. If your on Al Waha you cant wait to get out :)

http://www.saudicompound.com/index.php? … ks&lcat=12

Louise.Welge wrote:

Currently our security has taken to opening the bonnet and boot for all of a whole second before closing it again.

If you have a good cmpound you can get lazy and not need to ever leave. If your on Al Waha you cant wait to get out :)

For security, In addition to that we have almost 21 Zig Zag turns before we reach to the main gate. Feels like we are entring some war zone. :)

Tell us more about Al Waha !!

Nice Info !! Thanx :)

saimans wrote:

:lol: AlWaha, it's such a joke. We haven't had a pool since the dust storm, it's taken them this long to clean it. Granted about a week after, they decided they would put some new plastic grass round the edges - it's too cold for me now but still some guys are trying to use it. The restaurant opens but doesnt unlock the doors so you cant get in anyway, unless someone hars you knocking. It's not te best but it is free so I shouldn't complain really. But hey there's about 30 empty villas, there's always space here :)

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … ation.html

Louise.Welge wrote:
saimans wrote:

The restaurant opens but doesnt unlock the doors so you cant get in anyway, unless someone hars you knocking.

This seems to be straight from the old classical Hollywood horror flick... :D

hey louise,,,
i read your post about al waha,,,dat dere are villas available in it. we are desperately in need of one.
if u could plz provide me with a no. coz the one i dial just does not respond.also the location of this compound,is it on exit 10 ???
thanking u in advance,
best regards.

Yes there is Al Waha at exit 10 and also near the DQ - I think there is actually 2 that way. If you google what number do you get?

the no. i get is 2788414 extension 1149 for sum rashid khan.

Ok well thats the same as I have, but dont use the extension as I think that takes you to a fax machine, just leave it to go through to admin or press 0 or whatever it tells you to do

Also manager is now guy called Hugo there, think the other guy left a while back

nd this is the number for the one near exit 10 right ???

Yes, Al Waha Garden Village, near Al Hamra/ Granada / exit 10

okk,,,thank u so much.u were a great help :))
now i jus wish sumone picks up the fone nd it is in our budget nd nd the list goes on :)
thanx again .

Hmm well that I can't help you with :) They have some very small 1 bedroom places which I hope they dont charge a lot for, barely room to swing a cat, but I haven't found out how much they are yet sorry.

nd wat abt 2 beds ,,,are they small too? i have a kid so will be goin for a 2 bed?

They are not massive but big enough for a couple or in your case child as well. Call the manager and arrange to see them, theyhave three beds as well - I pretty much every compound has a variet of each size.

Avoid Asasco compound like the plague, I am sure there are others equally as bad also, be carefull.

ewynn wrote:

Hi,

I am considering taking a posiiton in Riyadh and am looking into compound living.  My wife and my 16 year old daughter would be joining me.  We are from the States, currently living in Canada.

I have had some difficulty finding current information on compound living.  If you know of any good web sites about compounds in Riyadh, please let me know.  Otherwise, I am hoping to get some input on compound living in Riyadh.

Do you have any specific compounds that you would recommend, and why?  Are there any that you would avoid? What about amenities, such as restaurants, shops, etc...?  How about security?  What can I expect to pay for a 2 bedroom home (villa, townhouse, or apartment)?

Thanks!!

Cheers,

Erik

we happened to go to asasco.......nd i think u will get plague if u go there :S terrrrrriiiiibbbbllllleeeeeeeee

louise,,, do u have any idea abt the rent of a 2 bed in al waha ??

lol where is this place, never heard of it, although maybe thats a good thing :lol:

I don't know how much it is - if I remember I will ask when i walk past the office, no one is answering the phone at the moment

Louise.Welge wrote:

lol where is this place, never heard of it, although maybe thats a good thing :lol:

I don't know how much it is - if I remember I will ask when i walk past the office, no one is answering the phone at the moment

Asasco is in the Sulleyman district close to the Al Jazeera supermarket, there are about 4 compounds all of the same building standard but I can,t remember the names of the other 3.
I have told my company that it is not the standard that I require and they have agreed to a relocation, in a couple of months, so I will be placing my name on lists for vacancies for the more decent compounds.
My company is refurbishing a compound soon so maybe I can pull a few strings for when ii is complete

If anyone fancies an exchange please contact me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moestavern, how many bedrooms does your place have?

youngthegiant wrote:

Moestavern, how many bedrooms does your place have?

2 large bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms, a very large lounge, a small tv lounge and kitchen, too big for 1 person.

hey mates,

Looking for an apartment/villa share in a compound

Required for two to three days a week

send me a message

I'm not too sure where people are getting prices from here but I'd say a decent compound will cost 120/140/175 a year for a 1/2/3 bedroom place.

You can pop up to 225/275 for Bustan or Ishbilia - best option is to get your company to arrange it the first year and then barter for an allowance if you see something better out there for the 2nd. The last think you want to do when you get here is deal with the administration greaseballs on any of these expecting some for of bribe to jump in some respects a non existent queue especially if your family is arriving pretty quickly.

And for info yes I do live on a compound, I even have a garden, but it's getting less "western" by the day - we even have posters up informing people to remove hijabs.

Al Nakhla Residential Resort
alnakhla-sa.com
Ranked #1 in all aspects from security to facilities
Experience Riyadh in a luxurious resort setting ... Welcome to Al Nakhla Residential Resort. Situated at Exit 8 with an easy access from Dammam and Airport roads away from Riyadh' traffic yet within few steps from major shopping malls, International schools, business offices, main government facilities and linked into Al Nakhla Plaza which gives our residents the luxury of being able to go shopping and dine out without the need for transport. The resort has 23 pools around it with a stunning state of Art Gym and a luxurious Ladies & Men SPA with treatments that suits your body & Soul. An impressive lobby overlooking the Central Park will welcome you with various services such as Majdool Int'l restaurant, Costa Cafe and many other outlets and amenities. Al Nakhla Residential Resort is a new concept up-scale life style in Riyadh. It's simply Everything You Want It to Be..

Mind sharing the price or doing some sort of marketing ?  :/

hey guys.. I'm looking for some info for some nice compounds. I just moved here a few weeks ago and its about that time to start looking. Do any of you know which are the top compounds with the newest, cleanest, most modern accommodation with friendly security and staff. I know that may be asking a lot, but that's the criteria i'm going after. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Moe

Hi,

I am looking to move to Riyadh in the next month or two.  So I had two questions:

a. Does anyone have any infor on the California compound?
b. Its just me and my wife that will be moving there (we have no kids) can we request a two or three bedroom apartment? or do they just assign you a two bedroom?

Any advice anyone can give me would be great.

thanks.

hsk1213 wrote:

b. Its just me and my wife that will be moving there (we have no kids) can we request a two or three bedroom apartment? or do they just assign you a two bedroom?

Request to whom ?? And who will assign ??

I assume that you mean the employer will provide you with the accommodation and if that's the case, he will provide you as per the company's HR policy. And if company is not providing, then 2-3 bedrooms or whatever depends on how deep your pockets are !!

Cheers :)

Saimans,

I meant that should I be requesting from the company as they are providing me accomodations in my package. 

But I think you already answered my question, that I will be provided accomodations according to the company HR policy.

thanks.