In which countries is the swiss driving license valid?

Hi,

Im about the leave switzerland on the very verge of the end of my provisional driving license. So Im double minded whether or not to go for the swiss driving license because ofcourse on the downside it is expensive and there is always a risk that I may fail it. The only upside would be the list of countries that it may be valid in,it being a lifetime license and all...Im especially looking towards its validity in dubai and singapore? Anyone with any information that can help me make my decision?

information (google traduction) from (swiss information):
http://www.ocn.ch/ocn/fr/pub/prestation … tional.htm

International Driving Permit.

The international license is recommended for all countries outside the European community. If in doubt, we recommend that you contact, before going abroad, the travel agent, consulate / embassy or associations of road users, to determine whether an international license is required in the country. This permit is issued based on a Swiss license is not valid in Switzerland. The international license is used as a translation of the national license and is valid only with the original swiss driving license.

Validity. For holders of a license of indefinite duration: 3 years.
For holders of a driver's license test: validity period identical to the national driving license.
The international license can not be extended. After maturity, a new permit must be requested.

have a nice travel

Hello Newbie,

I would certainly try to get the Swiss license if at all possible.

As for being valid, I have to find a country yet that does not recognize it. The international drivers license that the previous poster mentioned may help you but it will only be valid in conjunction with the actual Swiss license. And in the US for example they don't care about it at all.

The biggest drawback with the new Swiss drivers license in CC format is that it is not in multiple language anymore. So to have an English translation may certainly be an advantage. I remember the Swiss Automotive Club issued them for a small fee, but not sure it it's still the case.

Good luck,
JH