NEED INFO ON BANKS BALI

G'day everyone Im NEWBIE  and must be doing something wrong as I clicked on BANK and shown insurance/tax etc.Now if I cant find my way around this site how will I manage in Bali?{rhetorical question really}Seriously I would like to know how and whatis a safe bank to have payments deposited from Australia and the best way to organise withdrawals.Anyone care to make suggestions? Thanks in advance.

bankmandiri.co.id/english/index.aspx
klikbca.com/
lippobank.co.id/

If you are nervous, the Australian Commonwealth Bank has a main branch in Bali (look it up with Google) and several ATM machines on the island.

Alternatively, any of the major Indonesian banks will be fine. Personally I use Permata Bank.

You can only have an Indonesian bank account though if you have a residence permit of some kind. If you are in Bali as a tourist, you will need to use a money wire service.

Thanks Sunset I am going to apply for retiree visa when I arrive in 6 weeks, meanwhile I am applying for 2 months visa would that count as residence until I apply for retiree visa do you think?I am checking out Commonwealth thanks a heap
Possum

Officially, I suspect that Indonesian bank regulations will say that you cannot have a bank account until you apply for your retirement visa.

But please do check with Commonwealth or whoever and take their advice. There may be a "neat" solution :)

Again thank you so much for info re commonwealth bank,i checked out all their services and am going to transfer over to them i think because they have lots of atm's + i would not have to pay fees only $1.50 for withdrawals from atm's:D so i still have time to organise before i leave.i think they should be paying you a commission:cool: