Looking for a Golden Retriever or a Husky puppy in saigon

Hi all,

I am looking for a Golden Retriever or a Husky puppy in saigon from a reliable source.

I know expats are better pet lovers than Vietnamese people. Hope you all can help me.

Appreciated.

Husky which originated from Siberia, is suited for cold climate & frankly is not suitable for the hot weather in HCMC unless, you are willing to turn on the air-condition for him 24x7.  Husky are breed to work & thus, he needs activities outside the house.  But again, with the hot climate in HCMC, it's totally NOT suitable to be running the poor dog out in the heat.  Shaving him is out as that will just makes him prone to sunburn. 

Golden retriever fare better in our climate BUT having said that, when you bring them out for walks, make sure you bring water to cool them down.  Just imagine yourself wearing a thick fur coat & out walking or running in this type of weather. 

When choosing a dog, it's important to be looking at the dog temperament & their characteristic & if this will suit your lifestyle or not.  Do not just choose a dog breed just cause you think the dog looks pretty. 

You can read more about picking out the right breed for you on this website.  http://www.akc.org/future_dog_owner/find_breed.cfm

There are a few reputable pet shops around Phu My Hung that sells quality dogs.  You can visit & have a look.

Good luck.

Just this past week I was walking around the neighborhood and saw a husky dog in the Vet Clinic, didn't look healthy or happy to be living in Vietnam. To be honest, I was very sad for that dog, made me realize it's not healthy to have a beautiful dog like that in this kind of climate :(

Vietnam is not suitable for big dogs like golden retriever. They do like to swimm, and need daily physical exercice. They hardly stand the heat. i got myself a golden retriever as i was in france.

Think about it seriously? WIll you have time to educate him, space, for this kind of dog. Physical exercice does not mean walk 15 minutes on a pavement go and back..once a day

I feel so sad when i saw dogs in vietnam. You should rather go for small races

It's ok to have big dogs in Vietnam so long as you know where to bring them for long run & exercise (at least 1 hour a day) & also, if the breed is suitable to be in a hot climate such as Ho Chi Minh City or not.  It's not necessary that they are out swimming daily.  They are ok with water if it's there for them.  There are also beach resort in Vietnam that allows dogs. 

I for one, am a owner of 2 big dogs (1 Labrador & 1 Golden Retriever) here in Vietnam.  & they go for long walk/run twice a day.  Just remember to bring lots of water for them to drink after their exercise & also, to hose them down with water to let them cool off & DO NOT bring them out in the middle of the day where the sun is at it's hottest.

http://www.tails-home.com/
have a look..it may be helpful...hope you find your new pet soon...

Yes, what dopey said. A breed like huskies require A LOT of exercise, otherwise they become extremely destructive. Unless you have a treadmill and constant air conditioning, I'd advise against bringing a husky to the boiling pot that is HCMC.

Want a dog in good condition, health checked and at a great price? Then check out:

ARC-Animal Rescue Centre
33 - 41 Street,  Thao Dien
Quan 2, TP HCM

Work: 08 35194182
E-m: [email protected]
Work: www.arcpets.com.

Tel: (08) 5412.1175 (District 7)
Tel: (08) 3963.3740 (District 11)

And AVOID LE HONG PHONG STREET - where the puppy mills are!

Phungtn wrote:

I know expats are better pet lovers than Vietnamese people.

That basically is a wrong statement. Pls check some viet pets forums and rephrase your statement. If not, you're just another ignorant non-pet lover.

Hello,

Just to remind that this topic is on "Looking for Golden Retriever.. in Saigon".

Thank you.

just for anyone whom wants to take good care for their pets..check this out : http://www.tails-home.com/

i can show you a few resturants and streets in HCMC where the serve dog. Does that help?

Huskies are my favourite dogs, i have one in Australia, i miss her heaps, DO NEVER SHAVE THEIR COAT !! (Sorry Moderators, i had to use caps lock lol) It keeps them cool in the heat ...

[Moderated]

If anyone has a Husky in HCMC, i would love to meet it, i miss my Husky back in Australia ...

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum pls]

Closed