How to stay in Thailand for more than 90 days with a tourist visa

Hi,
I am planning to "live" in Thailand for about six months. Thai tourist visa seems to be good for 90 days during the six month period. Any information on how to stay longer than 90 days with a tourist visa? I don't mind going out of the country every 30 days to get my visa renewed.
Any information will be appreciated.
Hugo

When arriving in Thailand you receive 30 days.  After that you can travel to Vientiane,Laos on the North East of Thailand or Penang , Malaysia on the South of Thailand to get a 60 day Tourist Visa.  In Bangkok or other major Thailand destinations you can get a 30 day extension for your Tourist Visa at the Immigration office.   If you want to stay longer go back again to either Vientiene or Penang.

My friend has been doing this type of cycle for the last 13 years.

Have fun in Thailand

Hi,
Thank you for the info on staying in Thailand for more than 90 days. I guess that would be acceptable until I find out if I really want to stay  there on a long-term basis. But the border runs get little tiring, no?
Chau,
Hugo

Well you can turn the tiring trip into a nice rest in Vientiane :D

It isn't tiring really. Its exciting since if you contract a company and you go by minibus, you get more chances to meet new people than if you go alone. Been here for 7+ months on a tourist visa, and I am really enjoying it.

When I arrived to Thailand I got only 60 days though ( certain country's have just that luxury )then you go to the Immigration office were you pay around 1500 Thai bath and you extend it for 30 more days. After those, you go to Laos and re-make a visa for another two months, but with a double entry visa. So after those months, you go again to the immigration office and extend once again. After those days have passed, you go to Cambodia. In and out, and you return with 2 more months. Which after those, you repeat the process going to Laos. It took me quite a while to discover all this by my own..