Moving to Italy- Alba or Asti

Hi all,

We are a familly of 3 and I was offered a job to relocate in Italy in Alba or Asti.

Anyone living around there.

George A.

Hi George,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I wish you get lots of new contact here.

All the best,
Christine

HI,

Alba and Asti are pretty small cities in Italy. The area in which they are is a very beautiful one. We know them well, even if right now we live in the USA. In Alba you'll find more foreign, it's a wine-city that attract a lot of people. It's also very beautiful. Asti is also pretty, but I guess it has less foreigners. I have cousins living there, if you have specific questions, I will be glad to ask them.
ALberta

Haven't been to Asti yet but we went to the Truffle Festival in Alba last year. Really great! Not too far from Torino either.

Thank you all,

I am trying to gather as much info possible for child care (we have a 17 month daughter)
Are they private or public, working hours, cost ect

Next will be to find a job for my wife...

I am semi-retired now but I did some looking on the web for jobs here in the Piedmont region - I don't know what your wife would like to do for work but here are some resources that may help:

.jobsinmilan.com/
.englishlanguagejobs.com/candidates/jobs/?region_id=13
.tesolcourse.com/?gclid=CKvxiZTrzp8CFRBtswodiXfxbQ
americanbusinessgroup.org/
expatsinitaly.com/node (this one has some job information)

Residence and related information:
.informer.it/ (good information)
rome.angloinfo.com/countries/italy/residency.asp
.romebuddy.com/givesadvice/legalities.html (staying in Italy)
.initaly.com/travel/lomax.htm (driving in Italy)

En bocca a lupo (Good Luck)!
Gary

Thank you  !

I think it's going to be a little tough for my wife getting a job plus kindergartner school for my daughter...
I am counting on the fact that she speaks 3 languages....

Child care below 3 years of age is available but you might find your child on the waiting list. For your child age day care is called ASILO NIDO.
While after 3 years of age you will find more options at a cheaper price. Many people get a part-time nanny at home and most of the nannies are foreigners themselves.
Which kind of job would your wife like to do?

Thanks for you reply...

Well she speaks 4 languages and has a degree in electrical engineering , and SAP skilled.

She is not yet fluent in Italian but she's getting there...

At this moment I guess anything will do...

Hi, we are a british-austrian family with a one year old son living close to Alba. We are always looking to find other expats in the area!

geez996, did you finally move to the area? how has it been working out for you so far?
would love to hear from you!

this is really helpful! thank you for taking the time of researching and posting all these links!

mirina wrote:

Hi, we are a british-austrian family with a one year old son living close to Alba. We are always looking to find other expats in the area!

geez996, did you finally move to the area? how has it been working out for you so far?
would love to hear from you!

I haven't moved the family, I stay every other week which makes it kind of hard.
We are on our second child due in June , so not really sure if I make the big move

oh I understand! what a pity ... but congrats on the new arrival! are you working in alba or asti? may I ask for what company? I am currently a stay at home mum but want to start looking for job opportunities to start a part time commitment. I feel the need for something else :-)

Are you an American with family living in Asti, Italy? I am wanting to move there.

Hi George , l live in Alba . I'm from Zimbabwe . I can try to help if you have specific questions . Cheers . Paul

Hello, looking to buy a apartment for residence... My budget 25.000 euros ? Any ideas if i can get something ?

Hello Mochilero Host,

Welcome to expat.com!

You can check the Housing in Turin page for a start. You may even add your own advert there.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team