Seeking info: Rung Sac, Duyen Hai, Can Goi

Hi all, glad I found this forum, here's my quick intro and why I like to read here:

I've been to VietNam a few times, mainly ChoLon-SaiGon, first time was 1995. I got married to my Vietnamese wife 8 years ago. I run a small catering company doing mainly Asian but also other cuisines and some related trading.

My question:

Years ago I drove down Q4/Q7 to the Binh Khanh Ferry, crossed over to Rung Sac and all the way down to Duyen Hai to enjoy a day away from town. I'm curious as to how it has developed in that area.

Last time I went down there was in 97 or 98, back then there was no bridges for the most crossings, you had to wheel your Honda into a small longboat where you could get about two bikes plus 4-5 people on. You had to do that about 2-3 times each way.

On google map I see they now have bridges all the way down and some resort places with swimming pools have been constructed at the seafront, so I assume one can get there by car. But has anyone been there recently?
One of the resorts there is called “30/4” at the end of Thanh Thoi road and another place is named “Hòn Ngọc Phương Nam” located a bit to the south with a pier sticking out into the ocean, anyone ever tested them?

Regards
snake77

Duyen Hai is now i the soon to be developed (for Foreigners) Quan Cam Gio.

Another sort of Phu My Hung without all the mistakes.

Much of the land has been staked out now, especially the parts near the waterways.

Thanks for the answer!

Have you been to any of the locations on Duyen Hai? How long would it take these days to get there, let's say starting at Khanh Hoi bridge (Q.1/ Q.4), any idea?

No, I prefer not to be used as mosquito bait.

I was there last year in my 4-wheel vehicle looking at land and a lot of infrastructure work was being done. There are only hamlets at the moment but some early birds have picked prime locations.

They were also pulling high voltage cables in and some sewer works were underway in selected areas.

As I said earlier, it is the new Foreigner area, presumably so they can drive further, use more gas and help the economy.

It is very rural, even teachers are paid hardship money for working out there.

The presence of a bridge doesn't mean civilisation or roads, they have bridge building companies who put bridges in place for when the road gang arrives. This explains why bridges are occasionally misaligned.

If you are thinking of building there, remember early builders also get to "contribute" to the cost of low voltage power lines including transformers, water service, etc. These charges can be quite high. And you cannot get a water drilling licence so the city has you.

I highly appreciate your advice and warnings!

I'm not intending to build there. I was more curious if anyone knows the place and how it's now.

The beach and waterways as I recall are a bit of a mess, nothing you would want to go swimming in. But if you want to get away from town and out of all the hectic, that place used to be perfect, no one except some locals where there.

I did a check and found a few people are selling land around Duyen Hai, there are even some clips on Youtube that you can find with a search for “ban dat duyen hai”.

Anyway, thanks again for your info.

Just curious, why is this exact same conversation on the PMH neighbors mailing list? Is this a ghost forum :lol:?