Getting married in Kiribati

Hi all,

We invite all the ones who got married in Kiribati or who are about to get married in Kiribati to participate in this thread :)

What are the formalities to get married in Kiribati? Is it the same for a couple of foreigners of for a mixed couple (between a foreigner and a native of Kiribati)?

Are the procedures complicated?

How long does it take to carry out all the formalities?

Thank you in advance for participating,

Armand

Iam an australian and i got married in dec 2011 to my husband who is I kiribati. we had a church wedding and a party afterwards at the oceantide hotel. my family came from australia.
it was diffrent to how i pictured my wedding but i wouldnt change it. the hardest part was thzat i had no real say in the music or program for the wedding my husbands family organised it. but it was beautiful. my parents offered to pay for the ceromony but tradontally the families would prepare basins of food. and if you have a set guest list forget it family members will come weather invited or not.
having said all this my wedding was the most enjoybale day and if your marrying your one true love all the cultural diffrences just melt away.

Thanks for your contribution theresateraoi!;)

Harmonie.