Getting married in Morocco

Morocco-Unlimited wrote:

Gentlemen, Physical Beauty has its place....Perhaps as good dating criteria before sellting down.

It is a bit superficial for the idea of getting married. People should look a bit deeper than how your partner looks before deciding to get married. find out how this person thinks...This goes for both men and women.
Just as Beautiful Girls may be too focused on their own appearance, those Beautiful Boys often are too....not always the best qualities of a good Mother or Father.

After all just because a person is physically beautiful at a relatively young age may not relate to what that same person will look like later in life or much more importantly how well this person can hold down a job or take care of the needs of a family.

Just a little something to think about.

Very well said!

Beauty does not last forever, and cannot make you happy and satisfy all of your needs as a human!

hahaha  make the most of it  it will soon end hahahaha

hi

I read your story. I wish you all the best but there are things you be careful of .... kindly answer to your self these questions and then you should know the true intentions of you groom husband . hope it come positive;
1- how marriage issue was brought up (implication or proposal or statement of love) and by whom you or him.
2- why come to morocco to marry and not propose another country to do the process and then legalize the marriage certificate like in Malta or Cyprus or Greece who proposed Morocco you or him?.
3- when you came here who paid you flight expenses you or him.
4- when you arrived where did you stay and how did you meet the parents and who paid for the expenses of your stay?.
5- during doing the paper work for marriage who paid for the expenses you or him?
6- you mentioned that you converted to ISLAM who asked you to convert you by belief or him ( islam does not obligee a wife of a Moslem man to be a Moslem it can be christian, Jew or moslem without conversion ) ?.

answer; 4 you is unfortunately and sorry to tell you that you have been played for your passport and have been manipulated as a ticket to reach the USA the land of opportunity where he seized his first one ... you.
good luck you'll need it

hi yes those questioned need to answered   it does not take long for the process here in Morocco for a marriage  (backhanders for this seems unlikey)  and it certainly takes more than a few weeks to convert to islam

instant love  hummmm

Cyber marriage is so much like Cyber Shopping... You end up most of the time with a disappointment of you got and end up being robbed and played with.... right!!!!!

why dont you come and live in morocco rather than the difficult process of him going to the USA   

that would be easy for both of you

I met someone online and after talking everyday for 9 months I came to visit him in Morocco. I liked him and wanted to be together but marriage is not something I take lightly, and as others have said, I wanted to be sure this wasn't a scam.

With that said I now live in morocco with my Fiancé and love it. We are both happy and I am still waiting just to be 100% sure. Obviously when you chat online there are things that we don't see in each others day to day lives, so I wanted to make sure that him and I really understand and like each other.

Perhaps you could do something similar to this yhaber?

Also, about converting to Islam, it is not required but if you feel strongly about it them good for you. I hope you chose to convert for yourself and not because of your husband. God knows what's in your heart and our relationship with God should be at your will.

I wish you luck and hope that everything works out.

wise girl

yhaber wrote:

There is little work in Morocco and unless I spoke the language I couldn't get a job anyway. I have a great job here in America so it makes more sense to go where the work is.
Do you believe in soul mates?  I do. and faith in Allah. Allah would not lead me into harm. I converted to Islam long before going to Morocco I only validated it on paper when I arrived.
My husband and I shared all the expenses of the marriage.
Not ALL international marriages are scams. Allah brought us together for a reason. Only those who love and trust Allah would understand.

Yhaber then I am happy for you. I know not all online meetings that lead to marriage are scams.

I don't speak Arabic or French either but I'm hoping this will be a good chance o learn something new.

I also had a good job, but honestly I hated it and wasn't satisfied. I was desiring change and I came to me!

Anyways, keep your head up and hope it all works out!

`yhaber

looks like you have something good going on in your life hope all the best for you and all the happiness

just one question if you dont mind age of the 2 of u both

Dear All,

I am reading this thread and find it very useful though. If anyone form Pakistan who has recently been married in Morocco would explain the process (The documents required, time total processing time etc).

I am a Pakistani male living and working in Saudi Arabia and looking forward to get marry in sh Allah soon in Morocco.

Thank you in advance.

Hi

I am from Pakistan and soon will be visiting morocco to marry a girl. But I don't have any plans living in morocco. But instead after marriage we will come back to Pakistan and reside here. My question. What documents should i bring for marriage? ALHUMDULILLAH i am a muslim. But I want to know if i need to bring something else besides passport and identity card for Nikkah and marriage papers.

[Moderated: This is not a Dating website. Thank you!]

haha! :lol:

My boyfriend and I will be getting married in Morocco soon. I see there is a lot of paperwork but I hope the processing time moves quickly? I can only afford to stay in Morocco for two weeks before returning home to the US. We decided to get married there because we were unsuccessful in obtaining a visitors visa and discouraged with the K-1 cost and process. At least by getting married we may cut out some time and money...we hope. He and I met on facebook almost 9 months ago and I visited him for 11 days in March. The most wonderful 11 days of my life!

What city does he live in?
The main issue is getting the police check record from Rabat.
Everything else is not too difficult although I'm doubtful it can be done in under two weeks unless you start preparing it before hand such as getting your paperwork translated into Arabic ready for you when you arrive in morocco. Then you'll just need a few more papers translated when you receive.
Depends how busy the court is too..
In tourist areas the process may take longer.

He lives in Casablanca. I did the research on what we need and I think you are right. I think we could do it in that time frame as long as we do as much as we can before I actually get there. Thanks! ;)

RAEzWORLD wrote:

My boyfriend and I will be getting married in Morocco soon. I see there is a lot of paperwork but I hope the processing time moves quickly? I can only afford to stay in Morocco for two weeks before returning home to the US. We decided to get married there because we were unsuccessful in obtaining a visitors visa and discouraged with the K-1 cost and process. At least by getting married we may cut out some time and money...we hope. He and I met on facebook almost 9 months ago and I visited him for 11 days in March. The most wonderful 11 days of my life!

Yes, doing much of the paperwork before you get here may make getting married faster.

It doesn't matter so much how you met. Many people meet online. This is the 21st century. It is more about the continuing relationship you have had since meeting him. If you had trouble getting a K-1 Visa to the USA, then getting Married in Morocco may not help him to get a visa into the USA. The USCIS will compare the applications and their original determination will follow your case, you will have to deal with it and prove their determination was false.  Of Course they will drag their feet if you don't plan to live together here in Morocco with him after your wedding. It is actually easier to get a K-1 to bring a fiance to the USA than to get a CR1/IR1 Visa for a spouse going into the USA. For you and your husband it will be a CR1 as you will have been just been married. For me and my husband it is a IR1. This because as per the USCIS regulations, we have been married and living together continuously for more than 2 years. I have been with my husband here in Morocco for over 3 years with another year of a relationship prior to coming to morocco to meet him.  We have the NOA-1 and are in processing for months now waiting for the NOA-2.

Fact: American's Living Abroad as Visa Petition Filers for their relatives get preference over separated couples where one spouse is in the USA and the other not. This is what I am learning, from what I am seeing from other couple going through The USA CR1/IR1 VISA process on www.visajourney.com
For Couple actually living together abroad, it is like 6 to 8 months processing time with a minimal background checks, as opposed to 12 to 18 months with a heavy immigration fraud investigations. If you have a child together it goes even faster. I am old, and clearly after 3 years it is not likely we will ever have a child easily. But starting a family is something for you to think about.

On the up side if you choose to stay in Morocco, then it is very easy to get a Moroccan residence card since you are married to a Moroccan National. If you get married, choose stay and wait through the Visa processing time with him in Morocco, then it may make it easier for him to get the USA VISA. You will learn a great deal about him by living here.....where he comes from.....things that you can never learn in a Chat conversation. You can start a family and have a great life.

May God Bless you and your Family

They asked me If I met my wife to be online.
Apparently online relationships they don't pass though.
This was at the police interview.

Wow! Thank you SO much for all your insight Nebraska Girl! I am trying to learn as much as I can with this whole visa thing! First of all, we did not file for the K-1. We applied for the visitor visa in January and he was denied because of my lack of income (I am a full time student...looking for work now!), because of his lack of attachments there, and our age difference. I would happily move there to be with him but it's impossible for me because of their healthcare system, or lack there of...lol...I have asthma and thyroid disease and take regular medications which we would not be able to afford on the pathetic income and expenses associated with that country. Second, we will not be starting a family :P been there, done that, I also am too old to have babies and he doesn't want any...my kids are grown; I was a young mom.
We think just getting married will be best for us, and less time and rejection on the visa.

Yas87 "They asked me If I met my wife to be online.
Apparently online relationships they don't pass though.
This was at the police interview."
So what happened then?? Did they not let you get married? We have lots of proof of our relationship and I've already visited once.

No. I met my wife in Agadir not through Internet.
While I was in holiday with some friends.

But the court clerk said they police will reject it if you have met online because of the many cases of Internet marriage scams and frauds. Also they ask if you have had sexual relations with your partner and if you say yes, they will refuse it.

I didn't have this kind of problem when I went through my police interview, but I had already been here in Morocco for quite some time before we married. But, if you happen to know some of the same people, I suggest you tell the police that you met through a friend. Then if they ask for more information you can tell them you becames friends on Facebook to keep in touch. It is really better than telling them you met online and came here to marry him.

They may make it hard if he has no job, or a criminal record. Both of those things will make it hard to bring him to the USA anyway. If they make it hard for you to get married in Morocco, I really suggest you try the Fiance Visa K-1(USCIS Form I-129F). And Get married in the USA. It just takes time. The American government makes it very long and slow. It is not like other countries. The USA doesn't care about keeping ordinary families together as much as restricting undesireables from marrying to gain immigration into the USA. 

But, Like I said before, it is easier to bring a fiance into the USA than to bring a spouse. Go figure.....
Once you are married in the USA, then you have to apply to change his Visa status, but it really is easier for him to get the Green card if he is already in the USA so you can get married.

Good luck

Hi.

I recently married in Casblanca and done the whole process in one week Alhumdulillah.A lot of thanks and respect to all people online who guided me.

Feel free to ask any question.

Regards

Well of course we would say NO to that question! ;) thanks!

hello how are you? i'm ayoub from morcco i would like to disscus this topic with you if you do not mind and thank you so much

sure, we can discuss it! BUT only here in the forum, I don't accept private messages ;)

15 day wait for the Moroccan criminal check
And report. This is standard procedure.
It was in force while I visited in January.
A member on here who is in morocco has confirm its very strict now.
They don't care for any excuses. It's a 15 day wait.

thank you! Is that one my fiance will need, since he's in Casablanca? I bring a criminal background check from the US right? It said 8-10 weeks for mine.

Sist

You will need two police certificate, one from USA and other from Morocco.

The one brother above is talking about your non criminal certificate from Ministry of Justice in Rabat.

In my case I send authority letter with attested signature and attested copy of passport to Morocco and my wife applied for it in my absence. When I was there we simply went to office and it was ready so we did not need to wait.

I may be travelling to Morocco and can check it for you what is latest as mentioned by brother Yas above.

Ah! Ok, thank you @stranger786! Now I understand, and I'm glad it's something he can do ahead of my arrival so we don't have to wait when I get there ;)

Send me a private message.

I just done the marriage process in February.
I'm also from Birmingham so can tell you the places you need to go. For papers from here.

You can go using your normal tourist visa then apply to stay longer by registering for a residence permit at the local police station of the city you are staying in.
After the marriage etc, you can apply for a nationality permit thing.

The marriage is the difficult bit. Rest is easy.

hi Zohra

I have read your note and for the first time i think this guy is true and honest and really loves you, dont worry about the visa and the marriage documents it is easy you can extend your visa and it takes around 2 month to extend it that gives you 6 month of visa and should you get married i that time residence permit is 3 days away.
the hard part is finding a job especially f you dont speak french it is going to be hard and sour but as they say if you dont taste the bitter you will never enjoy sweet. in any ways it will all work out god willing and as your both intentions are clear and true best of luck and congrats

Salam,

I was just reading this forum and your response. I am too getting married to an Moroccan and I already have all my papers, except the ones I need to get in Morocco. You mentioned that you sent authority letter with attested signature and attested copy of passport to Morocco and your wife applied for it in my absence. Would you be able to tell me what you included in your letter and how you went about doing it? I thought could spend my the process and get my finance to do it there for me.

Thanks

hi

here any can be done at the right price.dont worry even if it is not possible 100 dirham will make it possible

hmm/.be careful to pay money to some one in Morocco.

Everything is done with a little extra cash on the side. What we in the West call corruption and Bribery, is just normal everyday business here. hourico is right a little cash goes a long way.... 100 MAD or 200 MAD...makes everything possible. You do have the right to have an agent handle legal things for you here in Morocco. So what he is suggesting is not against the law. The cash is just to get someone to do their job. If you don't pay they will probably just set your stuff to the side and forget about it. So, pay!

hi just to get things right,

Nebraska girl said money on the side is considered a bribe or corruption ..... i consider it VIP TREATMENT, JUST THE SAME AS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ECONOMY CLASS AND FIRST CLASS ON A PLANE EVERY BODY GET THERE AT THE END BUT HOW ARE GETTING THERE IS THE FACT OR EVEN LIKE HAVING COFFEE IN A 5 STAR HOTEL IT IS TRIPLE THE PRICE BUT LESS HUSTLE AND MORE CONVENIENCE, SO THE REAL QUESTION HERE IS.....; DO YOU WANT TO STAND IN LINE AND GET THINGS DONE THE RIGHT WAY WAITING YOUR TURN REGARDLESS OF THE AGONY AND TIME , OR YOU WANT TO TAKE EASY STREET AND GET THERE IN COMFORT WITH MORE COST .

OR YET DO YOU LIKE A COFFEE IN A 5 STAR HOTEL BETTER THAN ANY STREET COFFEE?

Hello everyone,

I think that the last several messages were out of the subject. Just want to remind all of you that the initial subject was " getting married in Morocco".

All useful comments would the most welcome.

Thank you
Christine

hourico,

I also said it is a fact of life here.

BUT IT IS NOT LEGAL!

So it is corruption none the less. Think of it how you like, it doesn't change the facts. You simply have to pay people a little extra cash to get them to do the job they are already paid to do. It is a cultural thing here. But if you don't plan for it, it can be annoying.

So I say: PLAN TO PAY SOME BRIBES!!!!

As hourico said: it is better than waiting in endless lines