Getting married in Albania

I Hope someone is here to answer !

, I got married in albania in July .. I am currently preparing to apply for a residence permit and was wondering what exactly I need, im finding mixed answers. I know I need a police report but does anyone know how many years it has to cover. I was at my last residence for 3 years .. if I just got that one will it be okay ?

Hi All,

Can anyone give me any information on what i would need to do to marry in albania ( i am english and my partner is albanian) any information you can give me would be brilliant and i would be so grateful.... i look forward to hearing from you all!

thanks Visi

Try to look on your embassy website or go to your embassy because I'm not sure if every country is the same . I'm American and the process was very easy

Thanks very much for trying to help me I living here in Uk can tell me what process u doing in Albanian can speak Albanian no understand English good to read.

Hi
Are u English?
I am English and I married in Albania a few years ago.
Please send me a private message and I will try to help

Thanks

Maggie

Hi, I am planning to have a wedding in Albania and was wondering if anyone could recommend an English speaking wedding planner in Albania that is able to help us?

Thanks,
Nilofar

I want to get married in Albania can I get the freedom to marry affidavit here in the USA notarized And apostille. If I do that can they give me a date for the marriage?

Pattie

Hello there how are you? What's news? Are you happily married with your man and living in the UK?

I am from India. I am planning to marry in Albania and settle with her in Albania.

What is the process and what all documents are required.

Do I have to go on tourist visa to her And marry her?

Just finding the right solution, so that we can stay together.

You can find the answers to your questions in the older comments

Hi: I'm a U.S citizen looking to marry an Albanian citizen in Albania. Do I have to plan to be in Albania for 2 weeks to complete all the requirments? I saw there was a waitperiod of 11 days. I'm wondering if my Albanian fiance can handle some of the paperwork beforehand so I don't have to stay for 2 weeks, as I don't have that much vacation time and can only go for a week. Can anyone give us some advice? I just met with an immigration lawyer about doing the I129 Fiance Visa to bring him here to US for marriage but he said I would be better off marrying in Albania and then applying for the marriage visa.  Thanks!

Hi there, yes you will need the 2 weeks for the process.. as you meet to and declare your commitment with the celebrant and submit paperwork then wait the “cooling off period” then return to be officially married and take the new paperwork

Thank you! And just so I'm clear, when you declare your commitment, at that time, you would need all the paperwork already gathered (including the Affidavit of Eligibilty to Marry in Albania) and then you wait the 11 days? I know that I would need enough time to meet with the U.S embassy to get the Affidavit, so I'm wondering if I need to do that first, then the declaration, or if you can just declare and then use the 11 days to get all your paperwork in order by the ceremony time?  Thanks for this info, it's very helpful in our planning! -Christina

Hi sorry my time is limited right now so just a quick reply.. have all documents ready the first time you go to the commune.. you could get yours before you travel? Have Albanian get theirs in hand before you arrive.. Albania can be slow at producing what's needed.. just the relaxed nature of the country.. best wishes

Thank you for the information!

it is an official building where you sign the official papers to get married. a branch of the municipality.

I would love to find an Albanian Muslim soulmate. I hope I can meet her. I don't know how procedures of marriage are managed there. Your blog may help :) Regards.

Albania is a wonderful country

Hi there,

If i have the original birth certificate and its translated into english already. (British citizen but born elsewhere) translated document is stamped by the municipality of my birth place (but not the consulate).

Can i take this birth certificate to Albania or Albanian embassy in the UK to get it notarised and translated to Albanian, will this be enough or do i still need the consulates stamp on it as well before this step?

Please advice

feel free to PM me, i am a bit confused about the birth certificate part.

Hi.I think you neeed the consulates stampa.

@Armand

Can two foreigners apply for marriage before coming there or need to contact a lawyer there because we only have one week.

Can anyone help us in Albania?

Matt

USA 🇺🇸 and Ukraine 🇺🇦

Hello please I need help, me and my fiance are Nigerians, and I live in Poland and She lives in the UK, thinking of the possibility of coming to Albania for marriage, is it possible I have all the documents, can we both come, please I need answers as soon as possible

@apalowoademi

• 2 Marriage Law in Albania for Foreigners

Remember it's not that difficult for foreigners to get married in Albania you need to have your documents if you have all the documents then you can go there and perform the marriage ceremony as far as I remember you have a council there. Registration for marriage should be done in the office 11 days in advance and the documents you will need are as follows

1. Birth certificate

2. Copy of the passport of the country of affiliation

3. Copy of the visa by which you legally came to Albania

• Can two foreigners get married in Albania?

If you have questions about the process, they are best directed to the Office of Civil Status (Zyra e Gjendjes Civile) in the city where you plan to get married. Foreign nationals in Albania may marry in a civil ceremony, a religious ceremony, or both.

• How to register marriage in Albania?

A marriage may be registered between a man and a woman who are at least 18 years old. Marriage of a person under 18 requires court approval. At least 11 days before the planned marriage, the future spouses must appear at the Office of Civil Status in the municipality where the marriage registration will take place.

Hi all,

We invite all the ones who got married in Albania or who are about to get married in Albania to participate in this thread smile.png

What are the formalities to get married in Albania? Is it the same for a couple of foreigners of for a mixed couple (between a foreigner and a native of Albania)?

Are the procedures complicated?

How long does it take to carry out all the formalities?

Thank you in advance for participating,

Armand
-@Armand

Lots of paperwork. Lots of fees. Lots of bribes.

My fiance is from Ukraine and I am from the USA but she is in Albania right now so we should arrange the wedding in Albania would be a good and better way to register the name before I get there and we will be in time. Reach there is there any easy way or any such lawyer please let me know

MATTHEW

USA

@Armand

2 Do you have a template for foreigners to apply for marriage in Albania?

thanks

Matt

Which affidavit should the government register before marriage?