Why there is no bird in HCMC sky?

i live in dist 2 and work at saigon hi-tech park (dist 9). unfortunately, i dont see any bird in the hcmc sky. when i was a child, i used to hear the birds chirping in the morning in my balcony. it gave a great feeling. but in hcmc, i am missing that. i saw that outside some buddhist temples people sell the birds. but i am yet to see a bird flying. not even the scavengers!

Not sure the reasons. However, I don't see many birds in downtown BKK or Singapore neither.

Having said so, you don't have to get out far to see the birds. In the area near the airport where there are more green spaces, you'll see more birds. (not sure, it is a good sign with all the air traffic. In the UK, they use falcons to catch the birds near the airport to ensure air safety). Sadly, people will the opportunity to trap the birds there.

I also know people who put traps on the top of their building together with decoy birds to get the few birds still here.

Depends on where you are or live. There are lots of birds in Phu My Hung - district 7. I have problems with them making nests around my air conditioning units on my balcony, but I don't try to make them go away, because I like birds too.

WHY would why self-respecting bird want to live in polluted TP HCM?

But they do.

I like fresh, as in just baked, bread and one consequence in a small surplus of day old bread. So I put it in a dish, attached to the balcony rail, and birds arrive. Happened in Quan 1, Quan 4, Quan 7 and Cho Lon (mostly where my offices have been). '

They also like water - so I have a water feeder, too.

If you get out of the city there are birds all over. There are some very special birds, as n rare, to be found in the national parks.

Why not get out very, very early on a Sunday and drive to Cat Tien National Park which is in Dong Nai Province.  Dress very causal, wear boots or practical shoes you don't care about, binoculars, camera and a couple of bottles of water and visit with the birds,and beasts.

GPS is very useful, as is mosquito repellent (not that many mozzies) and something to bite on.

We also have lots of bats in TP HCM, even in Quan 1, which feast off all the flying bugs that get busy around dawn and dusk.

The birds I do not miss are what we call Garbage Gulls in Toronto or those Pigeons that haunt Londn and Paris.

I didn't see many birds around the Cu Chi garbage dump when I passed it by a few times, either. Perhaps they also think TP HCM garbage is pretty rancid.

I can go to the zoo SaiGon.
Address :Add: 2B Nguyen Binh Khiem Str., Ward Ben Nghe, Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh City
ticket is very cheap ! about 15.000 VNĐ
In there have alot of animals and special birds ^^ so relax
hope you have a great time !

I still hear birds chirping in the morning in my district and so happy to hear them waking me up work hahahaha. And also love to see old trees where they can live..go outside the city and you will see loads of em.

My area has birds also, Tan Phu district, nearby Tan Binh IPZ. In the morning, they chirping and make me so happy.

Actually, I am looking out from the Sun Wah building in the middle of District 1 at this moment and seeing around 50 birds flying around in circles. I have seen many of them lately from Sun Wah.

Am I lucky?
I saw flying bat last night at Q.TB :)
It's not a bird? Anyway...............

you can see it plenty in D7,they wake me up every morning,then I don't need any alarm for work time.hehe

I agree with saigonmonkey. I live in Phu My Hung-Dist.7 too. There are many birds here, especially sparrow.:D I hear them cirping everymorning, on my sake tree :P:P:P