Voluntary Work In Dubai??!!

Hello everyone!!

Am a cabin crew with Emirates and sometimes I have days off but I don't know what else to do. I just want to kill time by doing something meaningful. Anybody has any ideas where i can get involved in voluntary work? I still can't find any....any ideas?

PS : It does get lonely here......

rebecca_lass wrote:

Hello everyone!!

Am a cabin crew with Emirates and sometimes I have days off but I don't know what else to do. I just want to kill time by doing something meaningful. Anybody has any ideas where i can get involved in voluntary work? I still can't find any....any ideas?

Hi Rebecca, If you enjoy animals you could try volunteering at the local Vet they are always looking for help with abandoned/injured animals. Its a shame your in Dubai I'm in Abu Dhabi we could of had coffee and gone shopping, I'm pretty bored here myself, my husband works all day and find going to the Gym in the mornings my only way to fill in time lol.. good luck

ya,,i dnt blame u silver fern..... its so diff. 2 make friends here.......

Yes Rashirrr,

It would be just nice to have coffee occasionaly with someone,
It seems to be a common thing in this country trying to make friends.:cool:

silver fern wrote:
rebecca_lass wrote:

Hello everyone!!

Hi Rebecca, If you enjoy animals you could try volunteering at the local Vet they are always looking for help with abandoned/injured animals. Its a shame your in Dubai I'm in Abu Dhabi we could of had coffee and gone shopping, I'm pretty bored here myself, my husband works all day and find going to the Gym in the mornings my only way to fill in time lol.. good luck

I get very lonely here in Dubai as well :(. I love animals. Been trying to look for SPCA. Do they have it? There's nothing much to do here, am dying at home :(. Especially when i have a few days off. Very boring!! Would like to make some friends

Hi Rebecca,

Yes you can try the attached email address below to contact Veterenary Hospital,and just say you would like to do voluntary work.

mailto:[email protected]

I also added the expatwomens site only becuase they do coffee mornings for women who are lonely at home and you may be able join they are always looking for new ladies,

http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topics.aspx?ForumID=23

Also I come to Dubai once a month during the weekend so if you like , Me , yourself and Rashirr could meet at the mall for a coffee if Rashirr interested.
But give expatwoman a try they have single and housewifes aswell.

Take care hope you make some friends soon ,Its horrible being alone here.

silver fern wrote:

Hi Rebecca,

Yes you can try the attached email address below to contact Veterenary Hospital,and just say you would like to do voluntary work.

mailto:[email protected]

I also added the expatwomens site only becuase they do coffee mornings for women who are lonely at home and you may be able join they are always looking for new ladies,

http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topics.aspx?ForumID=23

Also I come to Dubai once a month during the weekend so if you like , Me , yourself and Rashirr could meet at the mall for a coffee if Rashirr interested.
But give expatwoman a try they have single and housewifes aswell.

Take care hope you make some friends soon ,Its horrible being alone here.

Hey, that would be nice :). Where are u guys originally from? Would like to meet up of course some time. It's so boring here :(

Hi Rebecca, Im from New Zealand, currently housewife,Draughtsperson by trade for past 5 yrs ,was ex Air New Zealand Hostee.
Yeah I would love to have coffee some time.
We are going out to Dragon Mart today to fill in our day , Its so boring I know...Ill pm you my Email o.k

Hii

Are you still lonely. e mail me ur contacts at [email protected]

timeoutdubai.com/community/search

may be this helps ;)