Pregnancy in Rabat

Hi,

could you please share advice and tips about pregnancy in Rabat?

Who are the best gynecologists for pregnancy follow-ups?

Which hospitals or clinics would you recommend to give birth in Rabat?

Thanks a lot in advance for your advice !

Christine

Any one to share info in this subject? Planning to have a baby in Rabat. What your experiences? Many thanks!!!!!

Greeting

i will ask about the best gynecologists in Rabat and will send you a message :)

Hello Christine,
I recommand Clinique des nations unies and Dr Lamzibri(agdal).
He's following me since my first pregnancy and he's very professional.
Good luck !

Hello,

I would also like to hear of any advice or info about pregnancy in Rabat.  I'm 3 months pregnant so it would be greatly appreciated. 
Some info I can share is about English speaking gynecologist in Agdal, who are both good.

DR. BEN SAID FATINE (Speaks english with difficulty)
70, Ang Rues Oum Rabii Et Oukaimeden Agdal
RABAT Maroc
Tél. 0537672021
Located down the street next to Mcdonalds

DR. HIBRAWI KADRI (speaks fluent english and friendlier!)
60 Rue Oukaimeden Agdal Rabat
Tel: 0537671615

Hello..
Just had my last baby here in Rabat this April. My doctor, Dr. Chami, was very friendly and very accomodating. He speaks moderate english (but good enough for me to understand) and he took care of me from start to finish. we knew our baby's sex at 3 months already and the rest was smooth sailing. they give you multi vitamins for pregnancy and they also advise you on what food you should avoid or take.. not much medicine involved which was good. I delivered the baby at the Clinic Al Boustane. Not to scare anyone about to get birth but if you want to ask me questions about how it went, then just write me or email me.

pinklys wrote:

Hello Christine,
I recommand Clinique des nations unies and Dr Lamzibri(agdal).
He's following me since my first pregnancy and he's very professional.
Good luck !

here is the address of Dr Lamzibri :
14, Rue Oued Sebou Agdal RABAT Maroc
Tél. 05 37 77 12 71

Excellent, many thanks for all the contacts!!! It will be 3rd pregnancy. I had two babies natural birth and I was wondering what is the "trend"in Morocco.  :s

Hello there,

I'm new in Rabat and due in about 5 weeks. My first birth was by Caesarian and I'm having trouble finding a doctor who both speaks some English and is supportive of a VBAC (vaginal birth after Caesarian). I'm very concerned that I will not have a fair chance at a natural birth. Does anyone know a reliable gynecologist here in Rabat, who is willing to explain decisions and is open to patient input? My experience here is a very dominant and authoritarian role for the doctor which I find hard to take. Hope someone can help me. :-)

I am sorry to hear about your experience with local doctors, but this attitude is truly the norm for medicine all over Morocco. What I have found is that even in the best clinics here they are about 20 to 30 years behind the time of the western world.

VBAC is a fairly risky choice for child birth even if you were doing it in Canada or the USA. If this is truly what you want I suggest you consider going back there or up to Europe. If this is not an option you may have to resign yourself to the fact that you may not get this VBAC option here. Even if you find a doctor that agrees to do it, in the end he will do what he thinks is best. Once you are under his knife, he knows there is very little you can do about it in the end. Malpractice, honest disclosure,  and patient rights are not really applicable to Moroccan medicine. This is the 3rd world. If you are insistent on doing it here, you must follow the advice of the doctor you have chosen.

You will also need to remember to hire a private nurse to care for you after the birth even if you are in hospital. The nurses care are often not included as part of the hospital medical services. 

I hope you have a beautiful healthy child in the end. That is what is most important.

i gave birth here via CS although my doctor knew my previous history which also included an attempted VBAC in holland for my other child. anyway, he spoke english and french and his patients before me have been expats so perhaps he would be open to your input. he was good to us so nothing to lose if you want to try and talk to him. his office is in agdal here in Rabat. if you want his details, let me know. goodluck

Hello all!!
I'm five months pregnant

I'm seeing:
DR. HIBRAWI KADRI
60 Rue Oukaimeden Agdal Rabat

I really like her.  I'm assuming she doesn't do deliveries though, because it is just an office, not a clinic (I'll need to talk to her at my next appointment!)
Anyway, I'm looking for some advice on where people have delivered in Rabat.  Did you find a place with some English speaking doctors?

Also, I'm very curious about costs of delivery or CS in Morocco.  I have medical insurance but I am not entirely sure if it will cover it, so I've been trying to save some money...
Any information would be greatly appreciated!

hi theresa
im 25 weeks pregnant and i have the same question.i want to know the cost of delivery.i also have medical insurance but not sure if they will cover it.
thanks

hello...
i delivered my last baby at the Clinic Al Boustane in Agdal..its pretty decent with clean rooms.my doctor spoke some english. it was a CS delivery and we also used insurance. we paid app 2000 euros plus..

I see Dr. Lamzibri too and he is NOT authoritarian. He is also supporting me for a VBAC... You can find doctors that will listen and respect your birth plan.
I am actually looking for a midwife/doula to help me prepare the birth, does anyone know of any?
My friend just had a baby and her husband was not allowed with her... any experience with that? That is the scarriest part for me, I need him by my side...

Hello ladies,
I am 34 weeks pregnant and just about to move from Casablanca to Rabat. Here in Casa I have a ob-gyn and a clinic I'm happy with, i.e. who I know will not push an unnecessary CS on me, who are ok with being drug-free unless medically necessary, and who won't perform an unnecessary episiotomy. Now I'm wondering if it's best to stick with them and have a car journey to the clinic that can last up to 2 œ hour (which my husband is not happy with), or try my luck with a Rabati doctor and clinic. I've been reading through these posts which are very helpful. To those of you seeing Dr. Lamzibri, would you describe him as being pro-natural birth? (or as close to it as you can get here in Morocco).
Any answers would be great.
If you're in Casa and would like some info about doctors and clinics here, just ask! :-)