Gonna move to Aix en Provence

Hi Im HazelI am a Filipina currently living i London with my family and also working as a nurse. My husband and I decided to move to France for good next year September. We have 2 kids 7year old and 2 year old. I have no friends and family there. I am hoping to meet new friends.I will be starting my french lesson in April.

Dear Hazel,

Provence is a very large and varied region, consisting of several (very different) departments (counties). Do make sure you do your research before moving to your preferred area of Provence and check out cities like Aix-en-Provence, Avignon and Arles. It's a great idea to start French classes. I cannot emphasise enough how important it is to at least know some basic French before moving here. It certainly is an incredibly beautiful and fun place to live and your children will love it here. With children it's also very important to find a house that isn't remote from village or town life and that you have good access to schools.

Good luck with your relocation!

Sophia

Hi Pinoyako123. I also used to live in England, but in Nottingham. I got married there. I moved to France October last year to be with my husband. France is a lovely country. I hope you and your family will enjoy to live here. Take care and God bless.

I'm a Filipino too. I recently made a blog about my life being a Filipina mother here in France.

Hazel, I now see that your topic title actually is "moving to Aix-en-Provence". So it appears you've already chosen your specific location! I live in Aix, so let me know if you need any help or have questions.

KInd regards,

Sophia