Online Money transfers from Norway to India

Hi,
I wanted to know if there is any Online money transfer facility from Norway to India. Banks charge lots of commision for the transfer and hence doesnt look feasible. I couldnt find ICICI money 2 india in this part of the world.
Any suggestions would be great.

Regards,
Prashant

Hi Prashant,

You should post your questions on the India forum as well.

Hi Prashant,

If You open account with DNB NOr, you can transfer to any Indian bank using International Money Transfer feature available.
I'm from india (Bangalore) working here in Oslo, and we all are using the same feature since 4-6 Months.

prash7280 wrote:

Hi,
I wanted to know if there is any Online money transfer facility from Norway to India. Banks charge lots of commision for the transfer and hence doesnt look feasible. I couldnt find ICICI money 2 india in this part of the world.
Any suggestions would be great.

Regards,
Prashant

Thank you...I have my account with Nordea.. Looks like I might need to open another account with DNB for money transfer

western union?

I my self had this problem but later on i found this site Payza Exchange - altarpay.com. Which is a really great site which provides money transfer all over the GLOBE.

The best way to send money from Norway to India or between any country is http: altarpay.com/  ...because the corresponding site has integration with various online money exchange site like: payza, paypal , moneybookers,OKpay.com..You can exchange money with the help of your email id..You can transfer money from credit card or other site to this site and with the help of email id, you can transfer from country to country..Click here for more detail or visit the site: altarpay.com/ - Liberty reserve Exchange, Fast exchange ,make money exchange online

Hi,

I would try Currency Online secure.currencyonline.com/ef/1324/secure/register/trading

Ray

Which one is cheap from transaction fee and other charges wise???

Hi shreedharcva

I have an account with DNB. I also got my International Money Payment option activated.
About the Account Number should we directly type in the account number of an Indian Bank? Will that be sufficient?
and how do I find the IBAN number? is that required for money transfer?

Also, how to find out what exchange rate has been used by the bank? just so i know how much is lost in conversion.

Please help urgently. Thank you so much.

@rashpan You will need the BIC and the IBAN for international transfer. The bank in India will have all the information you need. If you have netbanking for the Indian bank, it is easier to check it up there or try doing a google search on the Swift/BIC codes for the Indian bank and the branch to which you want to transfer (I found mine through google search too). For IBAN though, it is usually a combination of bank specific codes along with your account number. Google might help you here too (if you don't have a netbanking account for quick reference)

creativeeyes.at/tools/iban.phptcodes.com/india/

hope this helps!!

Cheers
vinay

So Anyone has experience with Western Union?? Looks like they charge the lowest fee, but I have never tried it myself.

Thanx!

Western Union charges are very high and they don't gave good rate. You can try worldremit.com..They have the fixed fee 30 NOK and also provide the best exchange rate.. I have used this service...Another one is transferwise.com. They also provide good rate and minimum charges.I have not used this one.......

If you have an account in DnB bank then it is also a good.they provide the good rate & their charges are fixed 60 NOK...

Finally step by step guide to send money online to India from Norway.
Nice compilation of all available methods and guide to use them.
indiansinnorway.blogspot.com/2014/11/step-by-step-guide-for-sending-money-to.html

Hi - I was looking for money transfer options from Norway to India. What is the best way of doing it? Earlier posts didn't provide much details.. therefore, asking this again! Thanks.

try worldremit.com

by far transferwise.com is the best with best exchange rate. I personally use this to transfer  money to india from norway.
if you need any further advice i can you help you.