Iqama transfer after husband's death

I'll b glad if somebody here could help me out. Following is my case:

1. Resident of jeddah. Citizen of india

2. My husband was a teacher and he was our(me+children)sponsor. In 2007 he passed away.

3. I started working in the same place. The school became my sponsor and my children's sponsorship had to be transferred on my name. It was sent for transfer in Jan 2008. In july 2008 our iqama expired before we could get any response about it's transfer. I have constantly tried to get a proper person who could get this transfer done. But, unfortunately it's been 4 years now!!!

4. I need to go to india asap due to certain obligations and need to get the iqama renewed. I don't know where to go to get it done.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Sorry to know that.

When school authorities have become your sponsor, it is their responsibility to get you the iqama. Did you speak to them ??

But does that mean you dont have Iqama for the last 4 yrs. Then howcome the financial transactions are carried out?? Becoz i believe all the bank accounts are frozen if Iqama expires.

Did You speak to anyone in the Indian embassy or the consulate ?? These are just some of the queries coming up. I'm sure someone from the forum will have better answers for you.

Good Luck !!

The school authorities seem uninterested in the matter and they have said that it's better if we get it done on our own.

And yeah for the last 4 years.. my iqama's been invalid. Can u tell me if fine would be acceptable in my case?

And as far as the financial transactions are concerned.. I don't hold any bank account on my own name. And that's another reason why I feel so trapped here.

What I exactly want to know is if it is the consulate that will get the work done or do I have to consult the maktab al amal and the mahakma here?

Do you not think you are better off talking to your embassy rather than hoping someone here gives you the right answer. No offence but it seems kind of stupid to leave this for so long. And I always thought that your employer had to sort your iqama, even as a family member, my husband sponsors me but still the company handles my iqama. There was a thread here not too long ago with a guy between jobs and neither employer was prepared to deal with the iqama, it seemed from the comments it was current employers responsibilty, surely same should apply here. Logical solution .. embassy

Well I think The embassy or the consulate will be your best bet... Also it seems quite a long time have passed for the action to be taken.... anyways Good Luck !!

@ TLL Can you help him/her on this ????

I'll try and talk to them again.
But the thing is they have known about all these issues ... i mean my husband's death information was given to them the same day and also they are well-aware of my employment at school, so i don't see any reason why they should not look into the matter.

Anyways I'll talk to them today and let's see what happens..... Thanks ppl!!

You cant expect them to just do things for you and hope it all comes good - if you do not ask you do not get. Go to them with specific questions that you know you need answers for and tell them you need help. Giving them information on your husbands death and work situation does not mean that they will go out of their way to see everything is ok, the will just accept it and either file it away or prop up their wobbly desks with it. If you do not tell them what is wrong they cannot tell you what to do about it. And dont do something like leave a message for a call back and sit here for another four years waiting for it, do something about it and chase it. All embassies and consulates, know the rules and regulations or at the very least have ways of finding what they need. So don't just accept I dont know or we'll look into it and never get back to you. Hope it works out for you but don't just sit there and do nothing. No one will help you if you dont help yourself

Thanx a lot for the advice.... I really needed that!! :)

Louise.Welge wrote:

You cant expect them to just do things for you and hope it all comes good - if you do not ask you do not get. Go to them with specific questions that you know you need answers for and tell them you need help. Giving them information on your husbands death and work situation does not mean that they will go out of their way to see everything is ok, the will just accept it and either file it away or prop up their wobbly desks with it. If you do not tell them what is wrong they cannot tell you what to do about it. And dont do something like leave a message for a call back and sit here for another four years waiting for it, do something about it and chase it. All embassies and consulates, know the rules and regulations or at the very least have ways of finding what they need. So don't just accept I dont know or we'll look into it and never get back to you. Hope it works out for you but don't just sit there and do nothing. No one will help you if you dont help yourself

Good Advice Louise.Welge !!! :top:

IMINJEDDAH wrote:

Thanx a lot for the advice.... I really needed that!! :)

Better start taking actions ASAP !!! No one would be able to help you on this constructively.... Suggestions would always flow in....

I believe there IS a problem behind school non-cooperation. You need to ask about it exactly?

I agree cent/cent with @Saimans and @Louise.Welge . You need to be pro-active and talk to the embassy/consulate. They always have links with the MOI (Ministry of Interior) and that's the only way things can be expedited. Moreover, they can advise/guide you better about going to Maktab-el-Amal.

Just for Info:
If things go out of control of Maktab-el-Amal due to reasons whatsoever, THEY refer the case to Mehkama (High Court).

TheLegendLeads wrote:

I believe there IS a problem behind school non-cooperation. You need to ask about it exactly?

I agree cent/cent with @Saimans and @Louise.Welge . You need to be pro-active and talk to the embassy/consulate. They always have links with the MOI (Ministry of Interior) and that's the only way things can be expedited. Moreover, they can advise/guide you better about going to Maktab-el-Amal.

Just for Info:
If things go out of control of Maktab-el-Amal due to reasons whatsoever, THEY refer the case to Mehkama (High Court).

I always knew that you will give some good suggestions !! :top: The terms Maktab-el-Amal and Mehkama are still alien language to me... :P

"I believe there IS a problem behind school non-cooperation. You need to ask about it exactly?"

i hope your school is not in red zone. actually the schools( or may be companies as well) need to fulfill some conditions for iqama transfer or renewal.

:) Her issue is very old. Before the time this Red-Green-Amber thing came into being.