Visa for Malaysia

Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend has been offered a job in KL and obviously I would like to go with her.  As a UK citizen, what are my options as to getting a visa?  I have had a quick Google and look on this forum and I'm getting conflicting answers - from 3 months to no visa required.  We are both under 30 so MM2H is not an option.

I would like to get a job over there as well if possible, I have a BEng degree in automotive engineering, so I'm hoping that will be enough!

Any advice would be very helpful.

Cheers,

Craig.

If you had been offered job as well there would be no problem.
If you visit here every 2 or 3 months you need to exit country then you re enter again they you have it another 2 or 3 months depends of the passport,for Australians every 2 months. Until you find a job.
There is no another way.
If anyone offer you solution and ask for money then you will loose your money.
Thats what I was doing until i form a company and run a business.

Thanks for the fast reply - and I don't have a job.  Can I apply for jobs once I am in KL?

Craig

am from Uganda and i would like to work in Malaysia. How do i get a Visa to Malaysia? thanks

due to the recent huge drug incidents in malaysia involving citizens from several african countries, i heard on the radio the immigration has temp banned/restricted issuance of visas to nationals of these countries as many of them enter as students and do illegal drug tradings

To original op. The law has been changed so that spouses of employment pass holders can get work and all you have to do is take the job offer letter to immigration and they will stamp your passport as able to work.

Many will say otherwise but check the immigration website.

Of course many employers are unaware of this.... I suggest you get the social visit pass visa first, apply fir jobs then state clearly that you will pay all visa costs on your cv. (cost is nil!) same as per spouses of malaysians.

And yes some at immigration don't know this either but this is the third world!

i am indian and now one of the directors ( partners) with 50% share in a company registered officially in JB, and i have the partnership agreement with the registration number of the company. i have international driving licence issued in India. Right now, i hold a mutiple entry social visa to malaysia valid for a year, in my passport.can i convert my social visit visa into business visa since i am a partner in a malaysian registered company?.