Umrah Trip on visit

AA,

Bit old but still active....

My parents are on visit visa, I know Hajj is not allowed on visit visa ... but can they go for Umrah.

There is nothing mention on visa or passport that they can't go for Umrah.

Further, Can they go with Umrah operator services by BUS.

Regards,

Sorry my last reply went into the wrong thread.

Umrah or Hajj on visit visa: It is strictly forbidden under the law. It IS written on the visit visa. It is written on the approval letter you get from MOFA. In fact, when you start filling the online application, the first screen shows it in RED BOLD colors.

Needless to mention, if on a check post the cops get notice, the penalty is immediate deportation with a fine of 10,000 SAR for each person.

thx, and yes i checked that MOFA application,

But if tis is the case thn how these Umrah operators are allowing and entertaining all visit visa holders...

Such operatros will get screwed up soon :)

For Visits: Govt have their own rules/regulations/procedures.
Umrah Visas: A different sort of visa.

If someone tries to mix up, a strong crushing hand may appear.

@Zeesham : Good & interesting question dude !
@TheLegendLeads : Really ? I thought that it was only applicable for Hadj process (the interdiction mean) !
Otherwise, how to allow them to go for Omrah ? and what is the cost ?

Yes Abu_Adel, that's how there is another sort of visa called (Omrah). Can't help in the cost. I guess some agent back home can do.

no when i meant is, how can a visitor come for visit AND do Omra? in the official website they say you can obtain an Omra visa through an agency, can't you just get the Omry visa from the embacy without paying an agency and stay at relatives' place, for example? thanks!

I don't think so Abu_Adel. That's a different revenue stream ;)

Dear Legend,
I don't think they will screw the operators caz almost all of them are doing this, and if I see almost all the visitors are going for Umrah by Bus or Car or by Plane even, if u believe...

Is there a visa for family that will allow them to complete Umrah, as well as visit other cities in the KSA? If so, what is it and where can I get more information?

Or, do they need to get two visas (one Umrah and one Visit)?

Yes, the Umrah Visa.

After the umrah, you can take your passport from the sponsor and go anywhere in the KSA. There used to be restrictions some TEN years back. :)

If I was employed in the KSA, and my family wanted to visit. I would have to sponsor them, so which visa would be appropriate in this case?

I can sponsor an Umrah visa for each of my family and after Umrah, they can go anywhere in the KSA with me?

Let me highlight the main differences between these 2 kinds of visas.

1- YOU will apply for the visit visa.
Umrah Visa will have to be purchased from the home country alongwith a package.

2- You will be the sponsor of the guests for a visit visa.
Umrah visa will be in sponsorship of a Saudi.

3- Government reserves the right to reject 1/more of the visitors.
Umrah visa is guaranteed for all intending visitors.

{One of my colleagues recently applied visit visas for her parents and sister. The authorties rejected the sister's application.}

4. Visit visas are free of charge.
Umrah visas have to be purchased along with a package.

5. Visa visit guests are prohibited from visiting the 2 harams.
No such restriction (OF COURSE for the umrah visa)

About point#5, almost every single person getting visit-visa does visit harams,,, The check posts are not strict enough. My personal belief however is: Umrah is a great cause, it must be done in all fair-fair way.

Point#4 makes sense why visit-visa holders are not allowed to visit Mecca & Medina. You pay money and thus you get more flexibilities.

I'm clueless about Umrah packages rates. Usually it is purchased/processed through travel agents & the lump-sum charges include many things like hotel, travelling etc etc.

OH, I see! Thank you for writing it out!

just for an update,

i did visit some operators , according to them there is no restriction for umrah for visitors on visit visa, they said they are not making issue of that... and all.... and they know this is happening ... they are strict with Hajj only

in fact, i agree with Legend that while filling the form it is mention there that Umrah and Hajj are not allowed.

Regards,
Syed

ohh sad news.. my mother came last week on visit visa so she cannot go to Makkah and madina :(

This is undertaking which I get from

https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/Agreement_FamilyVisa.asp

"I pledge to write down all my data the right way from the reality of the Civil Registry or the residence permit and identify the data required for the visit of the reality of his passport and I pledge to provide family housing appropriate medical insurance and leave the person sought for the visit before the end of length of stay specified in the visa and be for the duration of his stay in the Kingdom subject to the laws and regulations applicable and that the purpose of the request is for a visit to the family only and not for the performance of Hajj or Umrah and take full responsibility if it is proved otherwise"

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Sorry my last reply went into the wrong thread.

Umrah or Hajj on visit visa: It is strictly forbidden under the law. It IS written on the visit visa. It is written on the approval letter you get from MOFA. In fact, when you start filling the online application, the first screen shows it in RED BOLD colors.

Needless to mention, if on a check post the cops get notice, the penalty is immediate deportation with a fine of 10,000 SAR for each person.

Hi, i am due to visit riyadh after ramadan. I will be issued a visit visa for pre-employment visit to KFMC. It seems i will not be able to perform ummrah. I don't wont to perform ummrah if legally not permitted. If so then i will shorten my stay in Riyadh. Kindly advice if there is a legal way to manage ummrah before i plan my journey.

@RehabDoc, The following is my personal opinion; at least it makes sense to me.

Performing Umrah in violation of the Islamic state applied law... At least *I* can not be convinced that it is correct. However, Govt issues a lot of visit visas before and  during Ramadan. I know at least 10+ people who are here in KSA on visit visas and are going for Umrah. I know no-one will stop them.

So what does this govt. gesture actually mean; I'm clueless. However, I will discuss it with a renowned scholar. He is one of those who has been serving Mekkah Haram & its visitors for long time. Let us see what he has to say about it. I've just sent an SMS. :)

Thanks TLL. I personally don't won't to do illegal ummrah but will await your reply once you get information from scholar. Would I be able to travel on public transport or by air on visit visa within Saudia.

I got the response. He says it's *wrong*. If someone did it in past, he must give 'Fidya' (one goat) -- a kind of Islamic penalty. And of course, intentionally doing it with plan to pay Fidya later is totally unacceptable.

RehabDoctor wrote:

Thanks TLL. I personally don't won't to do illegal ummrah but will await your reply once you get information from scholar. Would I be able to travel on public transport or by air on visit visa within Saudia.

Thanks @TLL.
I'll avoid doing some thing not permissible. Inshallah if I accept job then I'll have ample opportunity for umrah and hajj.

RehabDoctor wrote:

Thanks @TLL.
I'll avoid doing some thing not permissible. Inshallah if I accept job then I'll have ample opportunity for umrah and hajj.

@RehabDoctor : Inshallah, I wish you all the best ;)

I plan to do umrah this weekend inshallah, as you I waited to have iqama to plan it.

@TLL : Like usual, thanks buddy for your wise advice.

Given up plan for ummrah on visit visa. Would it be possible to travel to other cities like dammam, jeddah and Madinah.

Yes Asim. That's what visit visa is made for :)

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Yes Asim. That's what visit visa is made for :)

Thanks @TLL, then i'll visit Madinah and jeddah.