Any aussie expats

Hi any aussie expats living in the Phillipines, that i can ask some questions

Hi roz3,

Could you please introduce yourself?

Hi, yes Aussie living Naga City, Phills
been here 2 years, feel free to ask anything
Pete

Hi my name is Roz I am a retired aussie woman, trying to live on the pension and finding it challenging.I am trying to find out if there are places out of the city that I could live comfortably on the pension and have the basic western amenities.
also where there could be a social network thanks

hi im viktor im not aussie.i have my restaurant here in Surigao City mostly my costomer is aussie. specially alot of aussie gold mining people who have there pilipino wife familly of Surigao area. there is a meet-up meeting for all foriegners of this area. nice to live here fresh vegetable verry chep easy to go out of the small City of Surigao if you like hoping island is good.

Pete,

Hi closing a small co. here down in the IOm & have a few months between roles. Was thinking off moving in with the inlaws in buhi.
You ended up in Naga & was curious why you ended up there over Legazpi or Iriga?
Is there enough to keep me busy for 2 months or will I be bored senseless? Visited the cam sur water park & loved it.

Any advice or recommendations would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards
Michael

Michael
Naga is beaut place but will find it difficult to keep u busy here, but if u visit Mayon Mt, go diving with whale sharks in Albay it might.
Naga is a vibrant city with all amenities we need, close to relies, also good gated subdivisions
Pete

Hi michael!
feel free to move here in Philippines as Bicol is also may hometown.. Buhi is near to us.. Im pretty sure you will love here.. :)

Mayon Volcano and the whale sharks (butanding) in Donsol, Sorsogon are well worth seeing.  As Peter says, Naga is a very comfortable city in which to live; not too much traffic, but lots of places to shop to supply basic needs and luxuries, and many good restaurants, bars and coffee shops.  The main disadvantage in Naga for me is that it is so far from good beaches - good beaches in Sangnay and Caramoan do not look too far on the map, but with the poor infrastructure, they are difficult to reach.  We built our house in Libmanan, where my wife is from, but travel often to Naga where there are many fine home and building supply stores such as Home Depot (2) and City Hardware.  When we were last in Bicol (2012) there was daily train service from Libmanan to Naga and then on to Manila, but those trains may have been discontinued.  Any information on the train service, Pete?

Mike
yee the trains must have stopped I don't hear them going through town, but from all reports they had some problems with tracks
we don't use beaches(no waves) there are great resorts close (Carolina 10km) clean, cheap, water slides, our teenage kids love it when it's hot, day out picnic
Pete