Moving to Soyo on single status

I'm moving to Soyo in the next 2 - 3 months on single status. been working rotation in Indonesia (not the touristy bit). don't know anything much about Soyo can someone please help with the following questions. for info I'll not be staying in camp but in outside housing complex so don't get fed and watered.
is it true that i need to carry a suitcase of food on 1st visit -are there any shops at all???? is this just an old wives tale
not fussed about health issues used to it in Indonesia but because i am long term stay, is there access to malerone tablets.
being scottish, can i get a beer - are there any "safe" bars for expats.
is it relatively safe
woul also appreciate any other information about living and working in Soyo

Hi hndrix123,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I have introduced your topic as a new thread on the Angola forum.

Best of luck,
Christine

Hello to all,

In the next week I'm going to live in Soyo, Angola but I cannot get too much information about this area.
Is the first time I'm going to live in an African country and I feel a little bit worry about malaria and about the safety in the area. All comments are welcome about that.
On the other hand I would like to know how is the real life there and the expat community in Soyo.  Some advices?
Thank you very much in advance.

In Soyo life is quite and with bit care for paludism and emergency kit shouldn't be any problem.
Good luck

Hi Dantrinca,

Thank you very much for your comments.