French visa process canceled by employer - Help!

I received contract to work in Paris and my job applied for a visa for me. I was in the process of waiting to find out if my visa was approved when I emailed my employer to discuss on of the term of my contract. I had no intention of canceling my contract; I just wanted to go over some details. With a 9 hour time difference between California and Paris, I didn't receive their response until the next morning and woke up only to find out that they decided to cancel my contract, believing that I no longer agreed with the term we had discussed before.
I responded back and they now say it is too late and that cancelation of my visa application has already been processed.
I am just hoping for any advice or solution on how to fix this matter. I am relying on this job as my old company has already hired my replacement and I have already arranged to move out of my place.
I have been waiting almost two months for the visa application to be approved and have a hard time believing that it can be canceled so quickly and that there is nothing my employer or I can do.

Hi bridgittetaylor,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I wish you good luck and i hope other members will be able to help you.

All the best,
Christine

Hi Brigitte!

in order to work in France, your employer must provide to the French administration an application for authorization as you mentioned it in your email.

I advise you to demand to your employer to call the administration so as to inform the administration the application is still valid.

Good luck.

Not too sure what you can do, other than what you've already done. If they have decided to terminate your contract, maybe you should speak to someone and be really straight with them. Assure them that you have no problem with the contract if they are not willing to negotiate. Hopefully they aren't trying to hose you out of the job, but it seems pretty hasty that they would cancel your contract AND your visa overnight without even talking to you about it. It seems shady and doesn't make sense.