Skoda Cars in Saudi Arabia

Few days ago I posted about buying a user car in Jeddah. I have seen one ad online about Skoda Fobia 2004 Car. I think it is German made.

I need some feedback/suggestion about Skoda cars in Jeddah. Somebody is selling a used 2004 model car in a reasonable price.

However I don't have any idea about Skoda spare-parts availability and its repairing service in Jeddah. Please guide me if anyone has any experience with Skoda cars.

@raby

You are the 3rd person who is giving me such advice. 2 guys already told me not to buy it. Although it is car in very great shape and look. Exterior and Interior both fine. ODO is 311000, that is high.

BTW, why more problems occur in summer? Does this car heat-up more than other cars?

mirzayasir4 wrote:

Few days ago I posted about buying a user car in Jeddah. I have seen one ad online about Skoda Fobia 2004 Car. I think it is German made.

Hi,
For more precisions :
Škoda cars are made in Czech Republic, the brand was bought by Volkswagen in 1994.

;)

Some brands of cars are not made for extreme weather conditions like in KSA. Scoda, Renault, Peugeot etc etc. Not recommended at all esp when it has been driven a lot; 311K is not a joke.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Some brands of cars are not made for extreme weather conditions like in KSA. Scoda, Renault, Peugeot etc etc. Not recommended at all esp when it has been driven a lot; 311K is not a joke.

Ahan. nice info. That's what I am looking for. Because I really don't have much knowledge of cars.

Abu_Adel wrote:
mirzayasir4 wrote:

Hi,
For more precisions :
Škoda cars are made in Czech Republic, the brand was bought by Volkswagen in 1994.

;)

:-)
Thanks for help

I recall your post about getting a driving license lately, I assume you are a new driver.

I recommend:

- Going for some car that has readily available maintenance, cheap parts and the good resell value in KSA. And that is called a 'Toyota'.
- Jeddah is rushy; go for AT instead of gear-shift. Even expert & experienced drivers are bothered by manual tranmission. Creeping through traffic with both feet busy is really tiresome.

All the Best.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

I recall your post about getting a driving license lately, I assume you are a new driver.

I recommend:

- Going for some car that has readily available maintenance, cheap parts and the good resell value in KSA. And that is called a 'Toyota'.
- Jeddah is rushy; go for AT instead of gear-shift. Even expert & experienced drivers are bothered by manual tranmission. Creeping through traffic with both feet busy is really tiresome.

All the Best.

Yeah but I also have to look at my budget. I find that Toyota cars are the most expensive one in Used-car category. In the price of a Toyota 2004 you might get a Nissan of 2008-09, same with other car makes as compared to Toyota.

I prefer budget of 10k, however maximum I can afford up to 13k (in case I really like a car & don't want to loose it)

I plan like that. Get a cheap car, continue with it for 2-3 years then sell it and get a new one.

About automatic transmission that is good idea. Bcz my office is also located in rushy part of the city.

@mirzayasir4> just go get a new car directly, and don't worry yourself too much for being a new,inexperienced driver...you'll eventually get used to it sooner than what you expect... ;)

:lol: @Popolocroix,
Seems we have got similar thoughts. When I got my driving license I didn't know about cars technology much. And I didn't want to put my head into the daily troubles and paying homeage to the mechanic every off and on. I went for a brand new Nissan Maxima. Drove it for 5 long years and then sold it out SCRATCHLESS [No accidents]. It has been a great experience!!!

The new drivers are seldom advised to go for new cars. Some people (like we 2 at least) do think out of the box.

mirzayasir4 wrote:

Yeah but I also have to look at my budget. I find that Toyota cars are the most expensive one in Used-car category. In the price of a Toyota 2004 you might get a Nissan of 2008-09, same with other car makes as compared to Toyota.

There comes in play the point of the 'resell value'. In most cases, you'll be reselling the Toyotas purchased at the same price on which you had purchased it.

For example Nissan 2008, expect a 20-30% loss as you'll resell it. And IF (God forbids), something bad happens, The parts are that ridiculously expensive that you'll lose a big portion of investment.

Do add on top of that the cost of expensive periodic maintenance.

Toyota Corolla is the Best buy !!

I had a Skoda Octavia Diesel 2007, and it worked fine. The airconditioner worked perfectly during the summer. It doesn't overheat in the summer if it is maintained well. Sapre parts are relatively expensive though. and it loses a lot of it value when reselling. It is already very cheap though.

Thanks for the advice (everybody)

That made me convince not to buy a Skoda Car. For 2 days while moving on Jeddah streets I tried to look for another Skoda car in Jeddah. I hardly find one car. That means it is not a popular car here.

The guy who was willing to sell Skoda to me is now completely disappointed and he sold his skoda at Hiraj.

As per advice now my hunt for old car continues again and I am looking for something like

Kia Rio, Hyundai Accent or Honda Civic.

@TheLegendLeads

You are right about new car but unfortunately my budget doesn't allow me.

You will get Honda Civic in 13k, model 2001 approx

and CIVIC is car to drive, believe me :p

Zeesham wrote:

You will get Honda Civic in 13k, model 2001 approx

and CIVIC is car to drive, believe me :p

Are you offering me a car? or just giving me a general idea?

Civic is Ok for me, I'll be ready to spent this much if the car exterior is acceptable or better.

just an idea, I dnt hv,
my frnd just purchased one wit neat n clean ext nd int...

Aminstar2: I know this is old but wanted to know aminstar2 experience on Skoda. I know this is an old thread. Hope you are there. In another thread you mentioned you had an Octavia Diesel 2007. I am offered Octavia Petrol 1.8 tsi 2009. Will appreciate if you give me your experience with Octavia. Read many contradictory reviews/reliability reports.
Best
Hussein Najee
hnajeeATgmail.com

Aminstar2: I know this is old but wanted to know aminstar2 experience on Skoda. I know this is an old thread. Hope you are there. In another thread you mentioned you had an Octavia Diesel 2007. I am offered Octavia Petrol 1.8 tsi 2009. Will appreciate if you give me your experience with Octavia. Read many contradictory reviews/reliability reports.
Best
Hussein Najee
hnajeeATgmail.com

hnajee wrote:

Best
Hussein Najee
hnajeeATgmail.com

You ave posted on an old 2012 thread which is inactive so do not expect a reply...... :(