Looking for job in NZ

Hi All,

I will be moving to NZ soon with my family and would like some advice in securing a job.

I am daily applying on trade.me and seek.co.nz website.I am an experienced software tester.If anyone here knows of any job vacancies in these fields , please message me!

Thank you so much

Hi Priya

we r on the same boat im also an experienced software tester and looking for a job as already applied for nz immigration. I have also applied on seek.com and got response from recruiters i.e. they say once u'll arrive in NZ they'll further process ur case. so keep applying :) best of luck.

Parus

Hi Parus,

Yeah I got the same response from recruiters as well.In my case however I have already obtained the Resident Visa...juz need to get the job.

Thank you anyway and best of luck to you as well.Keep me posted :-)

Regards,
Priya

Hi Priya :)

u r really lucky that u already have a valid work permit. I hope u'll get response soon. try to search people of same profile on linked.in and try to find job.....one of my friend got job by applying online, though he didnt have any visa....company then sponsored him work permit. so keep trying :)

Parus

Two important thing here:

- get a job. Any job helps as it will help you get some network, income (ringgit to nzdollar its a 2,5 to 1 painful exchange) and to get some CV/work experience in New Zealand.

Trademe.co.nz and backpackerboard.co.nz/ are two really valid options. The last one you can easily get some money pocket job.
In the worth case scenario, the good and old walk-in may helps. Print some Cvs and go prowl on Queen St.

- get a job in your area of expertise. Thats harder. You gonna need some patient, dedication and luck on this one.
trademe.co.nz, seek.co.nz daily is recommended. Also, try:

madison.co.nz/
trianglerecruitment.co.nz/

Eventually you get there. The main point is to get any job for the time being (so you wont burn your saving) and after that get another one.

Hope it helps,
xoxo!

Hi Campeao,

Thanks for the tip! Understand totally what you mean.

Will try what you recommend.Wish me luck :-)

Regards,
Priya

hi ms.pri,

I'm from Malaysia as well. Would like to know further regarding the working permit application in NZ, the procedures n etc.

I'm planning to get a job there as an engineer which i know its pretty tough(that's what everybody is saying) but i'm gonna keep trying.