How do to business and have a life in the Philippines

Dear all Ex-pats and Filipinos,

Kumusta ko? My family and I (filipina wife and son) are considering moving to the Philippines, most likely sometime in 2010.

My wife has a small home in Cavite (no debt), which we will be looking to extend before we move there.

By renting out our property here in the UK and deriving income from some investments we would have a joint income of approx 80,000 pesos, would that be sufficient?

We are young (in our 30's), wife wants to start a small business, and we want our son to go to a good local private school. Before diving into setting up a business straight away, I am looking at studying a business related degree in a international university, which would help me understanding business better in the Philippines, meet business minded Filipino, expand my network and be able to converse in Filipino/tagalog in a business context.

Any tips? Anybody studying business? Anybody have a idea on the cost of education for my son's private school and my university education?

Hope you can assist me.
Salamat!

well if your son is pre-school that would cost you about 25,000-40,000 per year. university school averages about 20,000 - 30,000 per semester if you go full 21 units per semester. an 80,000 per month i think would be enough for u to have a comfortable life here in the philippines.
glen_1965

Thank you for your reply Glen. Looking at applying at De La Salle, they have a very interesting degree in Entrepreneurship, should be excellent in understanding business in the Philippines.