Help what Visa do I need?

I would like to inquire regarding my stay in Mauritius.

currently, i am staying here on tourist visa and it will expire by end of march

My Fiancee is working here and has a resident working visa since he is from Poland.

We have decided that I will stay with him here in Mauritius till November 2012 or till his contract ends.

What type of visa do i need so that i could stay with my fiancee?? and what are the requirements.

Help?  :)

Hi Skiffle,

I guess you are not married ?

Visas are issued to foreigners who require a visa (e.g. businessmen, tourists, visitors, etc.) to enable them to enter Mauritius freely and without hindrance for short duration (usually not exceeding six months in one calendar year).
http://www.gov.mu/portal/site/dhasite/m … 079b521ca/

If you are not married, you can't be considered as a dependent during his stay on the island.

Nope, not yet. Engaged

Uh oh. Wedding bells is needed huh ? I'm on my third month in here so I have three months  as tourist still.

How about your nationality.  We tried giving a 'Certificat de Vie Commune' for French nationals.. and it worked with the Immigration office. The partner gets a residency permit which is renewable every six month.  The Certificat de Vie Commune was isued by the French Embassy in Mauritius.  This might help you...

Else, you really need to tie the knot!