How to meet the expats here in Manila?

Hey guys,
I am new arrival here, 3 weeks so far. all the people i know here is my working mate and my broker. I wish to meet some expat here to learn some tip living in this place, as well as to hang out have some social life.

Any suggestions please. Appreciate. thanks

Hey Guy, just arrived.... A lot of Things you have to do and to learn. before adjusting. Francais? More things u have to do: Premier point etre capable de parler et d'ecrire in ENGLISH AMERICAN FILIPINO language, not so simple. Preferable to Have a Filipina Wife or Girl Friend, she will manage the different of culture or civilization and she will protect U against the lot of scams u can find here. More, contact me...

Thanks! and in that case...  HELP ... please!

I am a young woman (27), and I am here all by myself, not really interested looking for a local boyfriend either.   

Call me Crazy.

I live at Fort, Bonifacio.  I am learning what to do, what not do... The locals colleague are very nice to me, but I also really want to meet some expats... just to hangout and try to have a social life here to understand more about lving here as an expat.

Any tips? ... Many Thanks

i just arrived manila, from shanghai. would like to meet with new comers as well while i sync in to the ways of living here.

btw am a filipino-chinese, worked in shanghai for 4 years thus a bit displaced now.

I have been here Manggahan,General Trias,Cavite for 2 yrs now and was married here as well.(moderated: no ads plz)

we will be arriving in a couple of days. just hang in there and I will hook you up and meet up with you and my family. send me ur cell to my email at [email protected]
pinaymentor

Hey Guys and Gals, I am looking to network for a Position in Manufacturing Managment in the Philipines area..Does anyone know anyone in there network that could help me..??

John

Welcome to the PH. You might want to read my list of Pros and Cons about living and dating here, just so you know what you've gotten yourself into. I've posted the list on my forum here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/phpBB2/vie … php?t=7009

We will be in Makati, greenbelt area this weekend. Those expats who are in the area nearby, let us all meet. Let me know and email me your info so we can call.
pinaymentor

Hi Trigger928, nice to meet you here. I would love to get to know you and introduce you to my expat friends. I live around the Fort Bonifacio area and I often spend my time reading books and dining at High Street.
I also recommend this place if you haven't been here yet http://www.marketmanila.com/archives/sa … do-market.
Great place to buy cheap yet healthy food products.

More to share if you decide to contact me.

Cheers,

JB

there's a lot of you who are already here. do me a favor, send me a private message of your contact info and I will set up the expat networking at the end of the month. I will keep your contact information confidential and will not be sold to anyone. I am leading the Expat Networking group here in Alabang and Makati, soon the Fort.

Since the traffic is horrible on a Friday and Saturday night. I am suggesting that we meet either on a Thursday night or Sunday afternoon.

Let me know who are interested and I will plug in the date,time and location.

Sincerely,
Pinaymentor

[moderated: you're off topic]

I'll be bumping this thread to ask if there's any expat meet-ups weekly or so? Also welcoming contacts from those why would just like to have a drink every now and then.

I still haven't settled completely down (staying in hotel), but aim to do so during next week. Will be around Pasig area.

Hi There,

Just arrived into Manila for work. I don't know many people here so looking for some like minded people to meet up for a few drinks

I am 28 and from Uk

mail me at [email protected]

Hi Everyone,

Please watch out for the announcement for a meet up towards the end of the month of October at the Fort, Taguig. Send me an email if you want to join!

The more, the merrier!

Sincerely,
Pinaymentor

Hello all,

I have never traveled outside the USA and want some advice on what is needed to do so.  I have my passport and papers all together but that is it.

I have read so many things that I am not sure what is required and how to do it.  I will be bringing my personal computer with me and I have been told it requires special handling.

I will purchase my tickets tomorrow, but need to know what you do then after unboarding the plane, who do you notify and/or contact in the USA? Are additional documents to file for the equipment I am taking with me?

Upon arrival in Manila, what and who do I need to notify and contact there b4 I start to travel.

I would also like to make American contacts there b4 I go and possibly meet them at the airport to help guide me in the right direction so all goes smoothly. 

Airport security will be the problem with me because I have metal fusions in my neck and a steel left hip.

Thank you in advance for any comments and help you can provide.

Sincerely, RCampSr

Hi RCampSr! :) You are off topic here. Could you please start a new topic with your questions on the Manila forum.

Thank you,
Christine

Guys,

Is there something new happening? I hope to find interesting individuals from all walks of life from home.

Is there a meetup? I'm also living in the Fort currently and I'm 28 years old, fun guy. Lived here for almost a year now, but basically been busy with work so I know a few limited expats. I would love to expand that horizon.

Thanks!

November 1st Expat Networking, I need confirmations :
5pm at the FORT!
Varadigm, since you are from the Fort, can you please look for a decent place where it is not too pricey, but has some privacy for groups like ours!

Pinaymentor

pinaymentor wrote:

November 1st Expat Networking, I need confirmations :
5pm at the FORT!
Varadigm, since you are from the Fort, can you please look for a decent place where it is not too pricey, but has some privacy for groups like ours!

Pinaymentor

I think that's very short notice for everyone here. Maybe a month advance is pretty good for a thread that's not that busy.

To answer your question, there's so many places here thankfully! Very accommodating joints at the Burgos Circle.

Hi everybody!
Actually - pretty much agree, that the meeting announcement should come at least 2 weeks before. So many people are out for this weekend.. or already too lazy to go..
May be we can reschedule the meeting for at least next weekend?

Dear Pinaymentor!
is it possible to make such annoncements in the other way? lets say have a kind of e-mail subscription?? It will be more productive, as not so many of us check this forum every day..

yes, i agree with Nat's proposal :)

(moderated: no free ads)

Trigger928 wrote:

Thanks! and in that case...  HELP ... please!

I am a young woman (27), and I am here all by myself, not really interested looking for a local boyfriend either.   

Call me Crazy.

I live at Fort, Bonifacio.  I am learning what to do, what not do... The locals colleague are very nice to me, but I also really want to meet some expats... just to hangout and try to have a social life here to understand more about lving here as an expat.

Any tips? ... Many Thanks

hahahah... you just need a friend..no worries..everyone experience the same way when you left far away from your home country..
Here are some Tips:

WHat TO DO: 
just follow the rules and regulation. Just like in America, follow it and everything will be fine.

What NOt TO DO;
mmmm...disobey "What To DO"..hehehe

Actually, nothing much to be afraid of. Philippines is a free country.Unlike in some other countries like Saudi Arabia that you have to cover yourself, drinking is prohibited and  alot more stuff that you cant do.

So feel free.. and be Happy
Meet a lot more friends..Enjoy your Stay!!!
I have met some americans and british when i was outside the country and they are very sociable..:)

Hi there,

how did you go getting to meet new people?

was it relatively easy?

I have just been offered to move to Makati for work and dont know anything about it other than what im reading on here...

Ads

Hello,

I've been in Manila for a month and am also curious how to meet other expats. I'm an academic doing research and spend quite a lot of time by myself, so I'd love to meet some people. I'm in a bit of a funny situation because I am Filipino-American, but the culture shock I'm getting is definitely making me feel more American than Filipino. Would just love to be able to get together with other expats here and share experiences, advice, and support. Thanks!

i know every thursday there is a party on M museum for expat people, it's great

Hey guys and gals i live here a long time the most interesting things to do is to go around the place dont stay in manilla only theres so much to see and do with i a budget . thers hot cold springs i Camiguen whte island sunken cemetarys . you have laguna  water falls . what are you into are you adventerouse hly week good for camping mount banahaw so many things if you need any advise jut message me ill do my best to answer.

Yes the M Café Museum is great for expat on thursdays ... lots of people there but it feels quite strange to hang around on one's own :( ... try also the Opus at Resort World near Terminal #3 at the airport.

Hi everyone, is this thread still alive? I am a Singaporean expat currently working in Mckinley Hills. I stay in Bonifacio Global City, and hope to find some expat friends. You can contact me via email Marc.tan81(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hi all , Am new to philippines .. i have a small doubt .. can we use Indian Driving License to drive in philippines .. atleast for 60 days ??? If so please let me know .. and is there any least formality to get license without any behind the wheels test of we got asian license already ?

Hi, I'm also a woman, brazilian, living here in Fort. Looking for western expat friends. Maybe we could have a a glass of wine together ine of these days. I work full time during the week but am free on weekends. [email protected]

hi marcia,

we go clubin in fort area over the weekend ...... i am an indian though ....... if you want to join ..... PM me !!!!

Hi Everybody!

I thought of linking this forum to another one.... lets check it out

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=255658

Hi! I want to meet expats that are fun, decent and handsome.

Can i join your party sonobeta pm your details. new here.

is this thread still active??
i am newly arrived in makati and looking for activity groups

Whats your name and number brother. Id love to show you the ropes.