Moving to Melbourne. Need advices.

Hi everyone, i am planning to move from Morocco to Melbourne, Australia within few months to join my family who has already been settling there since 3 years . I am having the intention to pursue my studies there. As i have a diploma in business administration, i want to know what will be better for me : enrolling in one of the institutes located there, or applying for an equivalence, or pursuing a new field (kind of HR, Quality, etc.) related to my previous studies and of course according to the job market map there. I am looking, at the same occasion, for new friends as it's a little bit difficult to find some once the person is there. I will be very delighted to recieve plenty of advices and recommendations from you, you who are living or have already been there.

It's always interesting to discover a place through the eyes of settlers who have been one time in the same boat as mine. 

Thanks.

Hi Ussef

Wow! How wonderful you are able to go to Australia! The lucky country (still!). Well my advice to you would be to get in touch with Melbourne and Monash Universities by email to start with. Just google the names on the internet. The Enrollments section should point you either in the right direction or advise you about your existing degree and its legitimacy over there in Oz. If I were you and the universities offered a course for you to match Aussie requirements then I would jump at it. This is a fantastic way to meet people and like minded young ones at that! Trust me, Australia is one of the friendliest places on the planet and you will make friends no worries. If you want to make friends with the true blue Aussies then you will have to be a drinker unless they're Christians. If you are Muslim (I presume you are?) then there are loads of Islamic clubs, mosques etc as well and you will also meet people there obviously as well. Check out the student associations of Monash and Melbourne uni's, there is bound to be an Islamic students club or something like that. Australia is very multicultural and you will find that you will be well accepted. Just remember life is what you make it, what you put in, you get out in direct proportion! You just get different stuff back and you never know what that will be.

Good luck to you and Inshallah all your dreams will come true.

Claire

Hi missbliss72, thank you so much for taking time and giving me food for thought. I 'll give a trial even though i have other things in mind. Yes, you are right, i agree that Australia is the only area in the planet not affected yet with all what we see happening else where and where people are still living together and in harmony no matter the race, the culture, the color and the background of the person; and people should be greatfull for this blesed land.

Thanks again,

Ussef.