Moving to Kuwait to work around East Ahmadi.

Hello Everyone:
I (Indian Origin) wanted some information about where I could find a good place to stay in for a 18 - 24 months as follows -
A. First 6 months - a Studio Apartment (Un-furnished).
B. Next 12 - 16 months - a 1 Bedroom Kitchen (Semi-furnished).

I would be working around East Ahmadi and hence need your help to tell me which place would be closest and cheapest and closest to the sea (hopefully all 3) - Al Fahaheel, Al Mangaf or Al Abu Haleefa? I would prefer a home closer to a beach (but not at the cost of putting a dent on my savings).
I have a budget of KD 170 for rent.

Are electricity bills and other Utility bills (like water e.t.c.) included in the rent and if not then how expensive are they?

Also, I could not find any information about Internet? I want to subscribe to an unlimited 256KBPS Broadband Cable Internet service. How much does it cost? Which Service provider is the best considering the fact that I would download around 15 - 20 GB every month.

Also, one last question how much does Visa cost for spouse and a parent? On the internet, I read it's KD 200 and KD 500 for the first year for Spouse and Parent respectively. Thereafter, its KD 200 for the next year onward. And another friend said that the cost is now KD 100 each for a Spouse and Parent and KD 50 from the second year onward. Please clarify?

Request blog members to help me get answers to these difficult questions. Appreciate a lot.

Regards:
Pravz.

studios and One Bed Room apartments relatively run the same rent, best to go for unfurnished as that will help your savings. that range is ok in some places (170KD) but im not sure if its available where u are hoping to live. it could be.

utilities are borne by the landlord sometimes, and sometimes u pay them urself.

256Kbps internet no longer exists in Kuwait, and 512 will become extinct soon; with a phone line you can hook yourself up to a 1MB annual connection with any of the three major providers (Qualitynet, fasttelco, Kems) or even gulfnet for almost 100KD a year. some buildings offer LAN cables at a charge of 5KD per month, but thats shared internet. could be slow. u can even go for e-go devices to avoid the bureaucratic govt hassle involved with getting a landline (and the security deposit).

Thanks a ton Legacy for your reply.

Are you aware about the Residence Visa cost for spouse and parent? There are diverse views on the internet and the Kuwaiti Govt Portal also does not provide too much detail and most of that details that's available is in Arabic language without a translation!

Regards:
Pravz.

@legacy hi there my name is Joe and have recently moved to Kuwait and looking for a one bedroom or studio furnished apartment in East  Ahmadi , if you could reply to me by email would be great  or do i have to come to this website which is expat.com and check again . Your help is most appreciated.

@Joey65643

Hello and welcome !

You have posted on an old thread. What kind of information are you looking for ?

If you are looking for housing, you need to refer to the Housing in Kuwait section. If you don't find any interesting ads, you may create your own "looking for" advert. Make sure that you subscribe to the Housing section to be notified by email whenever you receive an offer or a new advert is posted.

All the best

Bhavna